We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Asa's A Big Boy

So tonight I called sissy and guess who answers the phone FOR THE FIRST TIME??? Yep. Asa. The phone rang twice and then I heard him on the other line saying "mum mum? mum mum?" and I started talking to him, saying "no, it's sissy! I love you Asa" and some other mushy stuff that tia's tell their hijos, and then Josh got on the phone. I said "Asa answered the phone!" Josh couldn't believe it. Our little Asa is getting so big! He's 2 1/2 now. Officially. Also, sissy, Josh, Asa and I went to the post office so the three of them could apply for their passports. Why you ask? FOR OUR VISIT TRIP TO GUATEMALA!!!! No, it's not scheduled yet. Yes, they all want to go too! Woohoo!!!! You know, we say we want to go back to Guatemala after Carolina comes home, but who knows if we actually will. Our goal is to go back and spend Easter in Antigua. But we all find it important to go at least once and who knows what all of our schedules will be like for our pick up trip and we'll be wanting to get home so this is a chance for ALL of us and go and see what Guatemala is like. I just want to soak in the culture and city and everything, which means we'll probably go a few days before we are scheduled to get Carolina Valentina so we can sightsee. I'm so excited!!! And I just can't hide it! Sorry, I stole that from Shannon's blog. You might want to check her blog out, she has a hilarous post about what she listens to when she works out. I actually emailed it to a couple of people it was so funny!!! Anyway, I have a busy day tomorrow, am meeting with our tax lady. And then lunch with Amanda. And then who knows what. Norm is back working days and I LOVE IT!!!! I didn't realize how much I missed him! And I LOVE going to sleep next to him. I really missed that. Just cuddling up to him. Okay, will sign off now before I get all mushy. Until later........

4 comments:

Mom/Gmom said...

you are way ahead of me I dont even have an appointment yet for my Taxes

JOY said...

Sounds like you are planning yet another lovely trip!

Great everyone will be going with you.

Like you I just love a cuddle before I go to sleep - it just isn't right if your loved one isn't beside you!

Anonymous said...

It's just the beginning....hehe!!!!
Soon, you'll be chasing him, to get the phone away from him....and then he'll be calling people on his own, or the cops will suddenly show up, "Whats the emergency ma'am? We received a 911 call from this location. Is there some sort of problem?"

Shannon said...

Stay tuned cause you know I am going to post another musical montage!!!