We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sissy Day!

Sissy and I went and had a pedicure today and then when we stepped outside the nail salon, we noticed a hair salon right next door. We both looked at each other and at the same time said "I need a haircut" so we stepped in and NO WAIT! We each got right in. And we each got our hair finished AT THE SAME TIME! It was so cool! Then we went next door (other side) to Baskin Robbins and I got a chocolate chip mint shake, YUM! So with shake in hand, we went to Fred Meyer (kind of like Target but with full grocery store) and shopped around. I'm trying to find nice, cheery, yellow sheets in a decent thread count but that is proving to be a bit difficult. We also looked at paint and I bought Carolina a new outfit. Then I came home, frosted some cookies, and am watching "Arrested Development". I love that show! Yep, just another exciting Saturday night! Until later.......

2 comments:

JOY said...

Sounds like my perfect day - being pampered.

Glad you had a nice day with Sissy!

Sonia said...

That sounds like fun! I'm glad you had a good time.