We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Asa Is Fine!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post this. Asa is great! I saw him this afternoon. Everything went great. Trina gets the lab report as to if it's cancer or not on May 3rd, but very rarely is something like that malignant. Anyway, he was calm and asking the doctors all sorts of questions in the OR before they put him under. He was fine when he left Trina and Josh, he just picked up his cars and his blanket and walked off with the nurse. Didn't even look back. Trina banned us from the hospital so mom and I waited at my house. Mom was glad Trina made the decision to keep us from the hospital. As the parent, I respected Trina's decision. So sissy called us around 8:30 am to say that he was in the OR. two hours later mom and I were freaking out. The surgery was only supposed to be less than an hour and we had expected sissy to call us ASAP to let us know he was ok. I asked mom where the surgery was at (it was outpatient and not in the actual hospital). She told me it was in the same building as my doctor so I called his office immediately to find out where I need to call. I love the girls at my doctors office, they are so sweet and wonderful. Mom and I didn't even know the name of Asa's doctor! So I got a hold of Val and she was able to transfer me to the main hospital, which wasn't correct but I was able to get across to the receptionist what area I needed and she got me to the nurses station at the right place. I spoke to one of the nurses and she said "Oh, Asa? He's fine! Do you want to talk to his mom?" and she told me to call back on the mobile phone and she would take it to Trina. I did that and Trina answered the phone long enough to say literally this: "Hello? He's fine. I'll call you later." I got off the phone and told mom and she started crying! I didn't realize how keyed up we ALL were about this until that moment. I felt a huge weight lift off me and now I'm no longer feeling bitchy, and if we wait until July to visit Valentina, I'm fine with that! I feel so much better!!!! Whew! Until later......

6 comments:

Lou said...

I am so glad that Asa is fine. God heard all our prayers!

Soltana said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad he's doing great!!!
Soltana

Natalie said...

I'm getting all teary eyed. I can only imagine the level of stress that you guys were feeling. It is a wonderful relief to know that Asa is doing just fine! I'll continue to keep him in my prayers.

Melissa said...

So glad your sweet Asa is doing well.

Jane-Jane said...

stress is like the one bad apple... it effects all areas of our lives without us realizing it!

So glad to hear that Asa is on the mend... I'll be praying that all lab reports are A-O-K!

JOY said...

I am so thrilled everything went ok and Asa is fine.

Am sure he will be back to his old self very soon.

I am so relieved for you all that everything is ok - I will be praying the all is well with the lab report too.