We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, April 05, 2007

Bits and Pieces, Odds and Ends

I don't have much to say other than I had a great day today with Asa and sissy is still cancer free since 1992!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!! She was only 23 when she was diagnosed with an agressive form of breast cancer. I'm so happy!!!! Anyway, here are some photos that I had meant to post and never got around to, and some from today. Enjoy!


Asa and Sissy last week in their matching yellow polo shirts






These are the wooden dolls I painted for Valentina to play with later on. I painted them different ethnicities and gave them racial stereotypical names. Please save your hate mail. This one is Kelly Kapuur.......


....... Maria........


....... LaKeisha........


...... and Amy


And here they are playing in harmony

This is the kick ass cupcake I bought today and Asa and I shared.


This is my birthstone bracelet my friend Tami made for me. I also had her make one for mom and one for Sissy. Each one has all of our birthstones and different colored clasps and our own unique charm. My charm, of course, is a cross.


Another close up shot of my bracelet. I love it!


The next three pics are of Asa that I took last month in his play room. I still have a lot of his baby stuff in that room as Trina didn't have room in her house. She's going to have to make room when I clean out the room and transform it into Valentina's nursery.


He did this all on his own!


I walked into the room and he was in the swing!!! It cracked me up!!!

So, that is it for me. Thanks so much to everyone for your well wishes on Sissy! And I was a bit bummed with The Office tonight. When the hell are Jim and Pam going to get together?????? It's so FRUSTRATING!!!!!! Until later..........

9 comments:

Kya Blu's Mommy Candy...aka KiKi said...

AWESOME NEWS ON YOUR SISTER...My Mom is a breast cancer survivor too. Cute Dolls!!! Hugs Candy and Kya Blu

A Special Family said...

Wonderful news about your sister!!

The dolls are amazing :)

Mom/Gmom said...

I want that cupcake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!congrads to your sister how old is she???????????she looks not a Day over 25

Lou said...

I am so happy about Sissy! I'm going to see my Sissy in a couple of hours...

Dwight cracked me up with the arsenal under his desk. Those numchucks! I don't know if I spelled any of that right, but I know that you know what I'm talking about!

Betsy said...

Wow you've got major talent. Love the wooden dolls.

And your friend should sell the bracelets on ebay for some extra cash. They are great!

Yippeee for Sissy!

Natalie said...

Lovin the Kelly doll! I haven't watched the show yet...I figured they didn't get together, so that wasn't a huge surprise when YOU GAVE IT AWAY!!!! ;)

nikki said...

Great news on your sister!
Those doll are just too cute! And I love their names.

Andrea said...

Yea, Sissy! That's an awesome picture of her and Asa. Cute!

Wow, you are quite crafty, aren't you. Those dolls are awesome. And I second the Ebay idea for the bracelets. I'd be ALL over it- I already spend WAAAY too much money as it is on there :)

Holly G. said...

WOOHOO Sissy, I'm glad she is OK. Now about that cupcake, it looks delicious. Poor Asa, getting kicked out of his play room.