We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, April 14, 2007

Gifts From Goddess

Yes, Kerry, I did remember it is Carolina's birthday today, but I'm trying to forget because I'm not with her ~sniff~ thanks for reminding me..... WAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Ha! Gotcha! No, really, I did remember, and was so happy that I DID remember! We were pretty busy, we finally did the Easter egg hunt with Asa. He had so much fun! No pictures but we did get it on videotape. Now, on to the presents from Holly:


Sooooo cute with frogs and EVERYTHING!


This one has frogs too!


I bought the same dress in pink and struggled with whether or not to send it in the latest care package. I'm so glad I did because now I can take this blue one with us on the visit trip!


This skirt has polka dots


This one is wonderfully soft and fleecy


Asa had one kind of like this but blue and white stripes. We called it his prison outfit. Now Carolina has one too.



So that is the fashion show for the day. I also took about a 3 hour nap so I'm feeling quite happy and awake! Now it's time to watch some tv or tivo or a movie, I'm not sure which. Oh, I started watching "Winter Passing" last night with Will Ferrell and Zooey Deschanel. If you've seen it, let me know if it's worth finishing. I only got about 20 minutes into it. Until later........

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Cute clothes. Goddess does have good taste!

Happy Birthday to my future daughter-in-law!!

Lou said...

Those outfits are precious. I love that skirt with the polka dots with that little tee shirt. Where did she find that? I bet it felt like Christmas in April at your house!!!

The McKenzie Crew said...

Look at Gia - you know the girl loves th shop!!I honestly do not think I have seen Gia onthe blgo in the same outift twice!! She is so loved by so many of us - she should have a new outift each day::)

I love all of Carolina's new duds:)

I know you are soo excited to se her in them:):):):)


Julia:)