We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter. We had a really nice time at brunch. We ate at the restaurant in the Red Lion hotel in Portland overlooking the river. It was a lot of fun. Asa was perfect! Then we got home and mom, papa, sissy, Josh and Asa took a nap. Norm read and I started laundry.




Norm and me at brunch


Mom and Papa at brunch


Josh and Sissy. Asa didn't want his picture with us all so that's why he isn't in with any of us. I really wanted another family picture, but someone didn't want to comply with my request. We kept talking about how next year we'll have Valentina home, God willing!


The crappy looking Easter bunny. I swear, I don't think they could have gotten a more mediocre one if they had tried. Asa was even scared of it, hence the no bunny and Asa picture


Asa eating! The boy hates to eat (he gets that from Josh!)


He was a hungry boy!!!


After everyone napped, I went over to sissy and Josh's to give Asa his Easter basket. Here is Asa in the entryway when I walked in.


I found one of those booklets that has invisible pictures that come out when you use the special pen. I haven't seen those in probably 15-20 years!


Asa's Easter basket from Uncle Norm and me


holding up the chocolate egg that he wanted unwrapped NOW!

Hurry up Mum Mum!

Mmmmm....... chocolate egg!!!!


Thank you sissy!

Playing with his magnetic fishing rod and pescado's


Asa crammed two egg shaped whoppers in his mouth and was trying to get a third one in there!

Well, that's about it for us! I hope next week brings plenty of PGN outs, Pink, PA, DNA, POA and anything else good for us parents!!! Please keep my parents in your thoughts as my dad keeps getting denied for a passport. AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!! Apparently paying taxes, voting, jury duty, and, oh yeah, being BORN in Texas isn't enough for a Mexican to get a US passport! grrrrr......... Until later......


5 comments:

Lou said...

You looked absolutely beautiful in your picture today, and Norm wasn't bad either :) what a cute couple you are. Have you tried contacting your senators and state reps to help with the passport? MY friend Karen was having problems getting hers before she came to Guatemala with me. We called his office,and she had hers 2 days later!

Keri said...

happy easter! (late.....) ;)

Betsy said...

Yep, let's hope Carolina is home by next year, for sure!

And, yep, piss poor Easter Bunny!

But, the pics of Asa are GREAT!

The McKenzie Crew said...

So glad you guys had a nice time:)

Julia;)

JOY said...

How frustrating for your dad!

I agree with Lou - you are just glowing in the photo. I love this picture of you and Norm!

Gosh but you have spoiled Asa! He is so lucky having a wonderful Aunty who treats him.

Thanks for sharing the pics!