We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, April 02, 2007

Hubby's Home!

Norm got home tonight (Sunday) from spending 4 days in Las Vegas for a Delegates meeting with the Union. It was not the best time for him to be away from me as I was feeling very emotional and needy and just plain sad. Even worse, my parents left also so I was feeling very sorry for myself. Had a great time with Sissy though and tonight when I went to the airport to pick up Norm I took Asa with me. He loves to go to the airport. He is getting so big. The things that come out of his mouth crack me up! I was telling him in seven days it will be Easter. He said "I get presents on Easter!" Then after we picked up Norm, Asa tells Norm "Uncle Norm, Easter far, far away" and Norm told him it isn't that long off. To a 2 1/2 year old who is expecting presents, a week seems like a long time! Trina asked him the other day what "flag" is in Spanish because she couldn't think of the word. He replied "Bandera" (I don't know what the correct spelling is so I'm sorry). Is the kid smart or what? He knows about 1/3 Spanish vs. English. He knows almost all the animals in Spanish, plus his numbers up to 10 and all his colors. He's helping ME learn Spanish! I try a lot harder with him and will try to ask him things in Spanish. I tell ya, this child is my saving grace. I adore him!!! Well, I'm off to bed and I won't be alone! Yay! Until later......

2 comments:

Lou said...

Asa is precious. My "Asa" is my niece Olivia who just happens to turn 16 tomorrow! She was my first child in so many ways. We all went out to eat last night, and it just hit me that my precious baby is turning 16!!!! Where did all the time go? Enjoy your little Asa every minute. I know that he will adore Carolina Valentina.

Anonymous said...

Queenie, did you discuss the "Road to Hell" with Norm? LOL, that tops all subject lines!!!!