We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Posted Too Soon.......

Well, I just got a call from our case worker. Valentina was moved to a hogar most likely over the weekend. We knew this was in the works, so I've had about a month to get used to the idea. Obviously the day we found out I cried harder and longer than I ever have. It sent me into a week long depression. And boy do I know depression! It's something I've battled from the time I was a toddler. Anyway, I have faith in God and know that for some reason, this is what He has chosen for her. We may never know the reason why, but as long as He keeps her safe, I believe that it is okay. I HAVE to believe that as I have no other alternative. Anyway, just wanted to pass this on. Oh, and we're still waiting for PA and to get out of FC. Until later........

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I admire your faith. She WILL be just fine because God is watching over her. You are all in my prayers.

Lou said...

Oh,Cameo,
I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. It is just so hard having our girls so far away. We will all just pray even harder that Valentina is home with mommy soon!

Barb said...

You are right...you just have to have faith. I'm sure it was in her best interest.

You have some fun to look forward to during the long PA wait!

Right there with ya! :)

Melissa said...

I'll be praying for her too. Hopefully things will go quickly in your case and you can bring her home ASAP.