We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, April 13, 2007

I'm Going I'm Going!!!

Thank you to everyone!!! I am going to visit Carolina Valentina. I just don't know when. I do want to wait until we are out of FC so I think I'll just try to relax and not think about it until then. All of your comments have been greatly appreciated, and Kerry, relax, I'm GOING!!! LOL. Seriously though, I could not have made it thus far without each and every one of you. If I could, I'd send you all on a fantastic vacation...... but I can't. Sorry! I'm trying to pull myself out of the dumps so bear with me. Until later.......

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Well, I didn't get a chance to give you my opinion...but you ARE doing the right thing! You will not regret a second of it! As HARD as it is to leave your baby, the joy of spending time with her with completely outweigh it. You are a strong woman and you can do it! I'm so excited for you!

JOY said...

Of course you are doing the right thing!

Even a few precious moments with Carolina will give you strength for when you can take her home with you.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall Cameo - pack plenty of hankies!

I know leaving her will be SO tough but you will cherish the moment that you first see your daughter forever! And remember she is yours - she will be with for years.

We are all routing for you!

Love - JOY

www.dubai2ireland.blogspot.com

Betsy said...

I didn't get a chance to go either, but you will enjoy your time w/ your baby.

You can handle it.

We'll help you through the tough times.

Book your flight girl!

Andrea said...

I know you'll NEVER regret it! It will be something you will always have with Carolina. We'll all be here for you when you get home!

Kerry said...

I'm a little bit on the pushy side...can you tell???

You are too wonderful to be in the dumps. What can we do to help you out of there???