We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, April 15, 2007

Judgemental Rant Of The Day


Anyone else find this outfit a bit inappropriate for a 3 year old girl????? The belt has skulls and crossbones on it, the designer polo shirt above the waist, the low rise pants? Anyone? Am I just being a prude here? Asa does pick out what clothes he wants to wear, but sissy buys them. I just can't imagine a 3 year old shopping and PICKING out this outfit in the store. Okay, that's my snarky comment for the day. Until later...........

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Sister, it only gets worse! There was a time when my now 20 and 19 year old daughters were in middle school, that I couldn't seem to find a thing for them to wear. The good news is that they didn't want to wear that stuff either. Visit the little girls department at Nordies and you'll find the same challenge.

Hope all is going well.

Ruth
www.guatemalansisters.blogspot.com

Nichole, Mia's Mommy said...

I am gonna keep my mouth shut, because I actually think this outfit is kind of cute. Granted the pants are a little low but that is the only problem I see. But I am one that also buys Mia's shirts one size too big so she might be able to wear them next summer as well...lol.

Nichole

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it could be much worse. Its all what you feel comfortable with as a parent, and then the morals you give your child. Clothes are a delima though, your funny queenie. I have to admit, I put Jaedyn in stuff like that when she was little, but now that she is 5 and especially being in school, OH NO!!! It is not so 'cutie' to have her tummy out and what not, and I feel I have to be more cautious with what I let her wear.

Kerry said...

Not cute at all and what scares me the most is that most parents today think it's okay (and the comments seem to back that up). I'm going to shut up now, but I could go ON and ON!

Shannon said...

What's really sad is that her Mommy probably has the exact same outfit!!!

Jane-Jane said...

What a is allowed at 2, will be expected by the child to be allowed the rest of their lives. Yes, there are things that are cute at 2, but just because we can, does not mean that we SHOULD! Example... they make 2 piece bathing suits for my size, but you don't see me wearing one!!!

Betsy said...

What ever happened to little girls being "little girls"?

I totally get where you are coming from.

JOY said...

I hate seeing kids dressed up in adult like clothes.

They grow up so fast as it is - I would never encourage it!