We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, April 12, 2007

Note To Merrill

First off, thank you to everyone who posted (and Sonia) in response to my visit trip. Secondly, Merrill, could you please email me at cameo_norm@msn.com ??? My grandpa's name was Merrill so when I checked my email this morning and it said "message from Merrill" I nearly passed out! And I wanted to thank you for what you said and there's some other stuff I wanted to talk to you about (good things, I promise!) in private. So today, you were my angel from grandpa who passed away 6 years ago in May. Your message meant more to me than you'll ever know!!!

Okay! Things have been rocky this week. I need to shake myself out of this rut!!! My life is blessed! I have nothing to complain about! Sorry for all the exclamation points!! I see my therapist on Tuesday!!! (that one deserved 3 !!!) Well, I'm off to see Amanda (she'll be surprised when she reads this!) Until later!!!!!!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

And what a GREAT surprise it was!!! :0)

The McKenzie Crew said...

It would be unfair to tell you that you wil be fine after a visit trip - you will NOT be fine. But are you fine NOT seeing her?? Before the visit trip you think about and worry about stuff 24/7...After the visit trip you just think about and worry about a different set of stuff...
GOOOOOO - You will have such peace after seeing her..it is amazing... Read by blog post......It will be worth the pain to have held her close and sniffed her neck. We held JB for the first time when he was 5 months old. I play that moment over in my mind - daily!!!:):):) It will set you heart on fire in love for her:):):):):):):):):):)

AAANNNDDDD - you will have all of us here when you return to help you through it - You will not be alone!!!!!

JUlia;)

JOY said...

You have so much love in your life Cameo you are So lucky! You always get such wonderful comments and it is lovely to see you have so many people that care about you.

You will be at ease after the trip - you have been building yourself up for the trip for so long. It is bound to be a very emotional time for you and Norm.

Kerry said...

I already commented on your previous post..but...HAVE I MADE MYSELF PERFECTLY CLEAR????

We'll all be here when you get back ;-).