We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, April 26, 2007

Nothing

Things are pretty slow here. My parents are at the beach until tomorrow. Asa is fine, he's an ANIMAL!!! Trina is allergic to Valium and it makes her hyper. We're wondering if maybe the same is true of Asa and surgery. He's been so amped! The child will not stand still!!! He never has, but it's like he's on caffeine or something!!! I had him for about an hour and a half last night and the only time he'd sit still is when I had him on my lap and we watched "Herbie" on the computer. His ear is looking better. It was all bruised, black and blue and yellow and looked like something out of Nip/Tuck. Anyway, he's fine and back to normal.

Not a whole lot of anything else going on. I'm excited for tv tonight! New episodes of EVERYTHING is on!!! The Office, Survivor, CSI, Grey's Anatomy, all my faves! My tivo is going to be working overtime! And I have Asa all day tomorrow. Trina is working all day. And I'm feeling so much better about Valentina. Things are much more relaxed (okay, I'M much more relaxed) now that Asa's surgery is over. As long as it's not cancer, we're in the all clear!!! I'm not even looking at airfare to GC anymore, just being patient until we get out of FC. Plus, we still haven't heard from our sentator's office re: my dad's passport. When the time is right for us to travel, the time will be right. Until then I'm trying, and SUCCEEDING at being patient. Yeah, let's see how long that will last! Until later.........

2 comments:

Lou said...

Are you sure that this is a Cameo post and that some stranger hasn't hacked into your computer and posted????? You sound SO calm and relaxed. That is wonderful even if it is just for a day! LOL I am also ready for tonight. Did you see on the Office preview that Jim is dressed like Dwight??? I CANNOT wait. Let's email in the morning and discuss! ;)

JOY said...

Patients is a virtue isn't that what they say!

SO pleased to see you are chilled out at the minute - way to go Cameo!

The wait is going to be SOOOOO worth it.