We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, April 19, 2007

Paint Picked Out!

I went to Lowes with mom when they finally got into town today (yesterday?) and finally picked out the colors for the nursery. I also picked out the flooring for our bathroom, which is in desperate need of some work. The colors I picked out are Bridal Blue (for the ceiling which I'm going to stencil clouds on), Sunbeam (for the top half of the room) and Aloe Vera for the bottom half. I'm also going to do just plain white wainscoting where the paint meets instead of a wallpaper or ribbon border. I have in my head that the nursery is a fairy garden....... only without the fairies as they freak me out. Right now the room is a MESS, but I figure I will need something to keep me busy after the visit trip and I think that will be the perfect thing. I'm also going to paint grass and flowers on the bottom of the walls, and then stamp butterflies throughout the top part of the walls and paint "Home Sweet Home" above her crib.

I have a confession to make, I was a total bitch today. I really didn't think the news that Valentina had been moved would have such an impact on me. I really thought I was okay with it. And I am, I mean, what else can I do? But it was harder than I expected. I guess part of me was hoping (and praying!) that she wouldn't be moved. Thank God I had therapy yesterday! I also scheduled another session for next month. Mom says, and I agree with her, that I need to go every month until she gets home.

Asa is still sick. Turns out he has a bacterial infection. The doctor says he should be better in a few days. Oh, and Josh's grandma died last week so Trina and Josh are going to the funeral tomorrow. Mom is watching Asa and I'm having lunch with a former co-worker who I haven't seen in about a month. Should be fun. Now if I could just get some sleep!!! Ah, but I guess that is too much to hope for, which is why instead, I'm still up at 12:49 am blogging!!! Until later.......

6 comments:

Kerry said...

Can you post paint chips? I want to see!

JOY said...

I would need you over here Cameo to give me some inspiration for my house! I too am picking out the paint HELP!

Your colour scheme sounds great.

Lou said...

Do you want me to send you some Clonipin so you can sleep? IT WORKS WONDERS for anxiety. I am not against drug use in times of emergency. I wish I was there to help you with that fabulous nursery!

lovelove

Melissa said...

I would also like to see those paint chips. Your ideas for the nursery sound so cute. Keep the pictures coming as you progress.

I'm sure that Sunbeam is a gorgeous color!

Melissa (Sunbeam's mommy)

Soltana said...

Hi Cameo
Im Soltana, a team memeber of yours and Holly's BFF... Just wanted to say hi and I can't wait to see pics of the room.
Soltana

Natalie said...

The room sounds darling! Can't wait to see the finished product.

I'm sorry you're feeling so down. Girl, you do whatever you need to get yourself through this process...as long as it's legal that is;)