We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, April 14, 2007

Photos From Yesterday

Here are some pictures I took yesterday both before and after our shopping excursion.



Trina finally got Asa to wear his backpack. I have no idea how she did this as everytime I try to get him to put it on he screams and yells "NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!" He has his farm animals in his backpack.


Trina always has Asa dressed perfectly, like a model! She always packs 2 cute outfits for him when he stays with me or mom so we can pick which one we want him to wear.


He was driving his car on the walkway to the front door.


Digging for "goosanos". Art-Sweet, there's my Spanglish again LOL! I have no idea how to spell it but it's the Spanish word for worms. Asa and my papa will spend a good hour looking for goosanos and then feed them to the fish in our pond.

Okay, now on to the loot, per request from Shannon:



Mom got Valentina this dress. She already has a plan to "dress it up" a bit by adding a wide satin sash around the waist and tying it in a big ol bow in the back. I told her that was a very "grandma" thing to do. Did anyone else's grandma "fix" clothes, paintings, anything that you gave her or was that just courtesy of my wacky family? Mom also "fixed" Asa's farm animals. Some of them had red eyes so Asa would call them mean. Mean wolf, mean cow, etc... anything with red eyes is mean. So mom took a sharpie and "fixed" them. Oh, I'm leaving out that using the sharpie was my idea......


I FINALLY got Valentina something smocked! I love smocking!!!


Mom went in half with me on this dress, so it's partly from Bey-ya. Mom was saying before we went shopping that she was broke but we were going around the stores and she'd be saying "I'll go in half with you!" to either me or Trina when we'd find something cute. I swear she ended up spending more than if she had just outright bought a few things! It was very funny.


This is one of my fave's in her entire closet! It has a very vintage feel to it. It has cars all over it, which is perfect because Asa is transfixed by cars! So it's something they can share!


hair bows

This dress is sooooo soft! I'm hoping it will fit her when she comes home. I bought thinking she might wear it on the trip home.


How cute is this????? And sissy got her an ADORABLE pink tutu that matches this shirt PERFECTLY!!!! I'm going to get a matching pink, wide, satin bow to put in her hair and have pictures taken in it!


The keyhole back of the shirt just cracks me up! I love this little detail!!!


How could I leave this diaper cover? I couldn't! I didn't even check the price on it. Luckily it was in the bargain bin........



....... as was this fitting outfit! This shirt says "Daddy's Lil Valentine". How perfect is that??? I showed it to Norm as soon as I got home and he smiled. If he smiles when I show him something, that means he really likes it. Men ~head shake~

So that is everything! I can't wait to go visit her and buy stuff that is her current size!!! I don't think I bought anything less than 12 mos yesterday, some of it is 24 mos. Oh, Asa got a few things too. I got him a pair of khaki colored overall shorts, yellow linen shorts, and mom went in half with me on this really cute seersucker shortalls set. Then mom and Trina got him some other stuff, an outfit with a donkey on it, very Mexican, that will be perfect for Cinco de Mayo! Oh, and in addition to the tutu, sissy got Valentina a cute pair of hot pink ruffled capris! But she has those at her house to look at so that's why no pictures of them. Asa was soooo good yesterday. He was so patient while we were shopping. He LOVED throwing coins into the fountain. I just love him so much! Oh, last weekend, I was showing mom and Trina the care package I was able to send to Valentina and then I put it back in the baggie and Asa kissed it and said "Uv you Vahnteenuh". It was so sweet I almost started to cry. Another good thing about Trina, Josh and Asa not going to Guatemala on our visit trip is I think Asa would have a really hard time spending a week with Valentina and then not being able to bring her home. This way he can watch the video we take of her and look at all the pictures. Poor thing, he's been hearing about this elusive baby in Guatemala but she never materializes. And each time we go on a plane, he expects her to come home with us! Until later.........

7 comments:

nikki said...

Love the clothes.
She will look so beautiful in them!!!

nikki said...

PS
So glad you decided to go on the visit trip. Yes it will be so hard to come home, but the time there will be priceless.

Sonia said...

The clothes were adorable! Makes me want to go shopping for my girls. Asa sounds like such a sweetie. We can't wait to see him.

Melissa said...

The outfits are adorable. I love smocking too!

Thanks for asking the question about the visit trip a couple of posts back. Reading your questions and reading the answers from other bloggers really helped me too. I'm also adopting from Guatemala. My baby is 3 weeks old today, and I am very much looking forward to the day I can visit her.

Natalie said...

Great clothes!!! I love them! I really like that first one - the green and white one. That's funny that your mom is "fixing" it...my mom does the same thing!!!

Shannon said...

Thank you for the pics!!! You are so funny!! My grandma always did stuff like that!!! I Love it!!

erinberry said...

That dress with the cars is adorable!!