We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, April 16, 2007

Talk About Retail Therapy.......

I had Asa this morning. The day was off to a normal start. He was watching the Wiggles and I gave him his morning chocolate milk (just a small amout of Hershey's syrup). About an hour later he was in the play room and I went in to check on him. I smelled something so I checked him diaper and sure enough, he needed to be changed. So I picked him and carried him ACROSS the living room, and after we got to the other end of the room, I heard something hitting the ground. CAUTION: THE NEXT PART IS GRAPHIC. I looked down and sure enough, the poor guy had diarrhea and it had all poured out of his diaper and onto the carpet, myself, the loveseat, you name it. Asa got all embarrassed and started crying. I told him it was my fault and that it was ok. It was my fault, I was the one who had carried on his back and allowed it to run out. So I stripped him, put on a new diaper and then took off my clothes and threw him in the family room wrapped in a blanket and cranked the heat. Then I rushed back to clean up what I could with just some spray cleaner. Luckily the loveseat and chair have slipcovers on them. I ripped them off and threw them in the garage, ran the tub and thew on a robe. Usually Asa gets a bath around 10:30am. Not this morning! So after I bathed Asa and got us ready, we were out the door by 9:30am and off to Best Buy to buy a carpet shampooer!!! Oh, and a new camera as I sold mom our old one since she still didn't have a digital camera. So I walked out of Best Buy $600 lighter!!! I swear, those warranties really add up. But we've learned to never walk out of that store w/o one!!! So we are the proud new owners of a kick ass carpet cleaner and Cannon camera. Oh, get this, so I call Trina to see if Asa was sick, because he wasn't acting sick. She tells me, "no, but he's had diarrhea the past 2 days. Don't give him milk!" Um, a little late for that tip sissy! Tomorrow morning the kid gets water and that's it! But my carpet is nice and clean (shut up Amanda). Until later........

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, poor Asa! That's no fun at all. Hope he's feeling better soon!!

sissy said...

When I changed his diaper tonight(thank goodness only 1 change this afternoon) he was nervous and said "no mum mum, I don't want to poo on the bed". I told him was ok even if he did, and he calmed down. I'm sorry he "soiled" your carpet:(
LOVE YOU! He is feeling better tonight.

Natalie said...

Poor thing. He's now part of my club:(

Can you believe.....our tivo broke last week while John was out of town so we can't even watch last week's episode...argh. I guess you'll just have to fill me in.

Sonia said...

Poor little guy! I haven't had that happen with my girls, yet. I hope he does get to feeling better. Brooklyn can sympathize with him not feeling so well right now. She's really sick, too. Let's just pray they feel better soon.

Lou said...

You are getting a full on dose of motherhood with Asa. He is really getting you prepared! What a loving auntie you are! Poor little fellow. Tell him it happens to the best of us! BTW, my sister found your blog and LOVES Carolina Valentina. She said, "I don't even know these people, but I hope she calls her Valentina!"

Anonymous said...

Cameo you really have to stop calling Holly Goddess she will get a mayor attitude we wont be able to live with her

Gmom

Kerry said...

Fun morning at your house, huh???

JOY said...

Oh you are brave! I would have hated that.

I am cringing at the thought of it.

Poor Asa - I hope he is ok.

You feel so helpless when kids aren't feeling too good.

Bet Asa is glad his Aunty Cameo was there to look after him.

JOY said...

I can't believe you are shopping AGAIN!