We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Built-A-Dog....and Bunny

So, I've been needing to keep my mind occupied lately. So much has happened and I don't see my therapist until next week and things are running around my brain a million miles per hour. I've come up with a template of my thank you cards for my shower:



The only sucky thing about them is that it is a pain in the butt to cut out the circles. And I bought a circle cutter!!! Anyway, I may go with just square matting, instead of the circle. I don't know. Then again, maybe I need the hours that the it would take to cut all the circles! Right now, sitting in my craft room for a few hours, listening to my iPod, doing something mindless sounds like heaven right now!

Today I really needed to get out of the house. I "kidnapped" Asa and took him to Build-A-Bear. He freaked out when we got into the store and wanted to leave. Once I started having him touch the animals he was ok..... until we got to the stuffing machine! He didn't want to get out of the stroller........



....... until it was time to "wash" the dog he picked out and Valentina's bunny

Then he had lots of fun!


He didn't want to leave the washing area!


As you can see!!!!!

Then when it came time to enter all the info, I had him sit on my lap and type everything himself. THAT he had a ball with!




$85 later and Asa was the proud owner of Paco, his fireman dog with matching puppy and a nice, padded doghouse. I forgot to take a picture of the dog all dressed. Get this though, after I got Paco dressed, and PAID for the clothes, Asa decided he didn't like them after all. Valentina's bunny was naked, I didn't have the patience (or energy!) to dress TWO damn animals! The bunny's name? Valasa, the first three letters of both Asa and Valentina's names! I came up with that all by myself! And the fact that I'm so proud of it is pretty pathetic!

Well, I'm going to scrounge up something for dinner all by myself. Norm is in contract re-negotiations until later but will be home for "Lost", hopefully. Until later......

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Cameo,you crack me up! Loved the Valasa comment. Reading your blog always makes me smile.

ginger said...

I love that store. I had so fun building Maya a bear for Christmas. The thank you notes are too cute.

Natalie said...

Love the thank you notes! You've got talent girl!