We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, May 18, 2007

Busy, Eventful Day!

First off, the best news; WE'RE OUT OF FAMILY COURT!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!! Now we're just waiting for PA before we enter PGN.

Now, we had a busy day! First off, mom and I took Asa to the library for "Toddler Tunes and Tales" at 10:30am.



There were only 2 other kids when we first got to the library so Asa ran around. The carpet squares are for the kids to sit on.


Asa running. It lasted about 45 minutes. The play time I mean! Not him running!

Then, after that, we picked up Trina at her office and went to lunch at Shenanigans, where my baby shower is going to be held at! We had a "tasting" lunch, trying to decide what is going to be on the menu.


This is the view of the river from the restaurant


This is the 2nd tier of the restaurant, where it will be roped off for my shower!!! Yay!!!


The ceilings. Don't know why I took this picture, but I did.


Another view of the river. It was raining so the view isn't that great. Hopefully on June 30th it will be sunny!

This is where we were seated. Of course I had to take a picture of my favorite nephew! Our lunch menu included chicken fettucini alfredo, cedar plank apple cider salmon with pineapple salsa, tuscan chicken with mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and feta cheese, Wisconsin cheddar soup and Caesar salad. Oh, I had a strawberry daquari and sissy had a beer. It was sooooo good!!! Some of it, from the description on the menu, didn't look like it would taste good, and I hate mushrooms and pineapple but everything was delicious!!!!! So yummy!!!!


Another view of the 2nd tier, where my shower will be, have I said that????

And finally, the cutest boy child I have ever known or seen! I love him with all my heart. I have a phrase I tell him that makes him laugh and has since he was about 6 months old. It's "No matter what, you'll always be my FAVORITE nephew". Until later......

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on getting out of family court! Come on PA!

Andrea said...

Yea family court!! Now let's go PA! We need that babygirl HOME!!