We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Sunday, May 27, 2007

Busy Two Days!!!

So, it is currently 1:30 am Sunday morning. We got home from The Killers concert and more on that later, but first, Friday evening mom had a BBQ at our place. We had such a nice time!





I made a yummy fruit salad





The bowl I used was a wedding gift from sissy and Josh. I love it! It's one of my favorite pieces of dishware!




I even used fresh pineapple in my salad! Mom loves pineapple so I served her in the hollowed out pineapple and Asa helped me give it to "Bey-ya".




Papa. I love my papa!



Asa watering my plants......




........ with a yellow cup........


....... and doing a great job!


I had to take another picture of Norm in his "professional" attire.



Papa pushed Asa on our hammock.



Asa loves it!




And Asa loves his "mhm mhm"




After he got all wet, we were taking off his shirt and it got stuck!



Now, on to Saturday! The day of The Killers concert!!!! Trina, Josh, Norm and I left our house around 5 pm. The concert was scheduled to start at 8 pm and we wanted to go have some appetizers and drinks somewhere downtown Portland.


Me holding my sign that took roughly 3 hours to make.




All of us were wearing Product (RED) shirts except for Josh and Asa. Norm's shirt says "HAMME(RED)"


Sissy and I with my sign.


Asa was pretty disappointed that he couldn't go to the concert. Trina had to bribe him with "I bet Bey-ya and Papa will take you to Baskin Robbins!" and then he was fine.




Trina and Josh at Rock Bottom in downtown Portland. The weather was very lovely and it was so much fun just people watching.


Norm and me.



Me and Trina. You could probably tell I took the picture myself!




The yummy food at Rock Bottom! This was the spicy artichoke cheese dip.....


..... my side salad.......




...... appetizer sampler.......




........ and the best pretzels!!!!


Sissy and me in the bathroom at the concert. We had fun, but decided that next time, we won't take the guys.




Norm took pictures and this is literally how close we were to the stage, he didn't use the zoom on this picture. We were 10 rows back from the very front!




Brandon Flowers. He is super skinny! He looks thin on TV or VH1 or whatever, but both Trina and I were shocked at how skinny he is!


The Killers!




During the second song, Trina and I held up my sign and some stick in the mud usher told us we couldn't hold it up.




I was so bummed that my hours of hard work was going to go to waste.


Sissy and me right in the middle of the concert!



Trina and I asked another usher if we could hold up my sign in the back row and they said yes, but nobody could see it way back there. I kept screaming "PRODUCT RED!!!!" and "I HAVE A SIGN!!!!" during the brief lulls, but sadly The Killers couldn't hear me :(




Trina and I in the back seat of my car on our way home. Josh drove us home. Boy, we sure look different than from the beginning of the evening, don't we! We danced and danced and had a GREAT time! Norm also got some amazing video!!! It was a lot of fun! So, later, MUCH later today, sissy is having a BBQ at her house so we will be together.

POST SCRIPT: it is currently 11:28 am Sunday morning. I just got out of the shower and I'm not sure I've ever hurt this bad!!!! Trina was over this morning to pick up Asa and we had fun reliving last night with mom. However, we will NOT be taking our husbands with us again to another concert!!!!!! Oh, and since the weather is so crappy here, Trina cancelled her BBQ today. She's having a brunch instead tomorrow morning. Until later.......

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like you guys had a GREAT time. You were really close, too! Great time. And I heart Rock Bottom. YUM!!

ginger said...

Looks like you had a great time. That fruit salad looks so good.

Lou said...

Cameo,
Nat and I are wishing we could go to a killer's concert ourselves. Looks like you had a FABULOUS time!! Too bad the Killer's couldn't see your awesome artwork. Are you going to take Valentina on outings like this with you and Sissy, since she is a girl????? HEHE......
love ya!!!!
l & n

Melissa said...

Looks like a great time. And those appetizers look amazing!