We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, May 04, 2007

Cinco de Mayo Pictures

Holy crap Blogger was taking forever to upload pictures! Anyway, finally got them done. Of course, the time I have 20 pictures!!! Figures... oh well, here they are:


Wednesday night at Sissy's. Asa was wearing his sombrero and playing on mom, pretending she was a bull and he was "bull riding".


Mom is going to kill me for posting this picture, but Asa fell off and I love how his feet were straight up in the air!!!! Although if mom hasn't killed me after telling the speedo story, maybe I'm safe :)


Asa putting on his poncho


This is the best picture I got of Asa wearing both the poncho AND sombrero.


Thursday, driving to the Portland waterfront park. You can see clouds rolling in, but at the time we still had bursts of sun.


going over some bridge. I can't keep the 20+ bridges in Portland straight! See? Blue sky!

Almost there!


Asa looks out the window as we were pulling in and says "Look mum mum, a ferris wheel!" We were all dumbfounded. We have no idea how he knew what a ferris wheel is.

Sissy's kick ass parking spot RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE ENTRANCE! Have I told you that Trina is a magic parker? Yep. Not only can she parellel park like nobody's business, but she always gets the BEST parking spots too! I'd love to take her to NYC and charge people to "use" her.

Asa wouldn't wear his poncho, only his sombrero.

But he's still a cutie!


The entrance


Asa walking around on his "leash". One woman lit into Trina when we were walking across some airport during a connecting flight for having Asa "tied up like a dog". Obviously the woman, A-never had a kid, B-if she did have a kid, it was probably a slow, boring kid and C-who the hell asked you, you old shriveled up bag?


Asa and mum mum looking at the bombero


Asa really did like "hooking" at it. He can't say his L's or R's yet. I swear he has an east coast accent, mom insists he just can't say his R's. I asked him the other day to say "Park your car in Harvard yard" and sure enough, he answered "pahk yah cah in hahvad yad" I think it's sooo cute! Can an accent be genetic? Josh's paternal side of the family is East Coast. Stupid question, I'm sure, but hey!


Asa found this trumpet that he LOVED so Trina bought it for him for $3. Believe me, it got quite annoying on the way home.

I had 2 pollo tacos while we were there. I remembered to take a picture of it, just before I finished wolfing down the 2nd one! They were soooo good!!!! I always get so brave with my Spanish before these "cultural" events and convince myself I'm going to order in Spanish and then I get up there and freeze. I imagine everyone's going to laugh, point fingers at me and say "Look at HER! She's ATTEMPTING to speak SPANISH! Oh, is THAT what it's SUPPOSED to be? HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" so yes, I ordered 2 chicken tacos instead of dos pollo tacos.

In the "eating" tent. At one point Asa had his trumpet AND a churro in his mouth AT THE SAME TIME!!! He didn't put down the trumpet once.


Some singing and musica inside the "eating" tent.


Asa and his trumpet. I need to ask Sissy if he went to bed with it. Ten bucks says he did! So that is all the photos I have from before we got rained out and had to run back to the truck. We were there for an hour and a half. It was fun. Asa was glad to go. Now I'm off to bed. Hopefully I will get more than 3 hours of sleep, which is what I got last night! Until later......

7 comments:

JOY said...

You all seem to have a great day!

Can I book Sissy to park my car - I hate parking and would drive alot more if I didn't have to park!

Looks like you all had fun - it was lovely to see the photos Cameo!

Asa is SOOO cute!

Soltana said...

YOU ARE SOOOOOO FUNNY!!! I think I may get those leashes for my kids.. I always said I never would,,but that was until I had to chase 2 kids through Target!!! Asa is a CUTIE!!!
Looks like you guys had alot of fun!!
Soltana

Natalie said...

Looks like so much fun! And you can't beat trumpets and churros...what a day!!! Asa probably did end up taking that trumpet to bed. Kennedy seriously sleeps with a different toy every night and she is 6 years old!

sissy said...

Asa did take the trumpet to bed. Surprisingly, he didn't play it one he got to bed.

Anonymous said...

You should have seen 16 years ago when I had "leashes" for my kids! Heather's was a pink leash and harness and Timmy's was yellow and they looked back then even more like dog leashes not the cute little puppy stuffed animal thing that Asa has. We went to Disneyland with them and BOY did people give me grief. But I thought, "at least my kids aren't getting taken or lost so MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" RIGHT!! You can never please everyone!!
Lori

Melissa said...

It looks like a great day! Asa is so cute! Love the sombrero and poncho.

A Special Family said...

What a great day ! :)