We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, May 03, 2007

Crap!

Blogger won't let me upload pictures, so I will do it tomorrow. We got rained out of Cinco de Mayo and my camera battery went dead but I did manage to get some pretty cute pictures anyway!

Oh, on another note, my friend Karen, who's husband Steve was killed in March? I emailed her last night and got a response. She is hanging in there. She wrote me "I never knew a person could hurt so much". Luckily Steve had 2 kids from a prior marriage and Karen is very close to them, especially Steve's daughter Lisa, who has 2 kids now. Karen is spending more time with her grandkids. Karen helped raise Lisa so Karen IS a grandma to those cute little boys. Anyway, it really makes me feel selfish and self centered to be complaining about my "problems" when Karen is plugging along, after losing the love of her life. Please continue to think about her and/or pray for her. She said she wanted to have lunch with me and Amanda in the next week or two. Until later.........

1 comment:

JOY said...

I am so glad that Karen is doing ok. I can't imagine what she is going through - bless her!

I guess it is when you have to go about normal everyday things that it really hits you that you are on your own and they are gone.

I am so glad she has a loving family and that they can all be there for each other.