We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Misc Stuff

Please keep Sissy in your thoughts and/or prayers. She's having a rough time right now. Thank you.

Norm is leaving Friday for Seattle for the weekend and will be home Sunday evening. I didn't know/forgot so I'm pretty bummed. I had a great day planned for us Saturday. We were going to take Asa to the Build-A-Bear to make a bear for orphans and then take him out to lunch after shopping. Now I guess I'm taking him by myself as mom already said she wasn't going. Maybe I can convince Trina to go with us, hint hint. Anyway, the weather has been BEAUTIFUL and Norm and papa are going to set up the pool sometime next week. We have one of those 18' round above ground pools that we used a LOT last summer. Norm got a pump to pump hot water from the hot tub into the pool so we'll be able to start off with somewhat decent water rather than last year when it was freezing cold and took almost 2 weeks to warm up. And Norm got his new BBQ/smoker so we are almost set for the summer! Mom, sissy and I already have our schedules set; Trina gets off work at noon so I'm going to put Asa down for his nap around noon so he'll be asleep by the time she gets to my house, hit the pool and have a few hours relaxing in the pool and getting a tan, then Asa wakes up, have something to eat and splash around with Asa! I can't WAIT!

Well, that's about it for me. Until later.......

2 comments:

Soltana said...

I'm coming to your house!!!

JOY said...

Sounds like you are all organised - have fun! I am really jealous LOL!

Bet Asa will love the pool - you will have to post some pics.

Of course I will pray for Sissy and am sorry to hear she is having some troubles. I hope she is trouble free again soon. I will be thinking of her.