We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, May 03, 2007

More Pictures!

Yes, it's 2:00 am and I'm still awake. I'm turning into Holly or somebody! Anyway, I'm still on a "new picture" high and thought I'd update with more pictures! Here goes:

Talk about bed head!!!


This picture is kind of dark, but you can still see Valentina smiling!


One of my favorites!


This one I love because the "head mama" at the hogar wanted to be sure that there was a shot of Valentina holding the book I filled with pictures of us! Wasn't that sweet of her?


And another picture of Carolina gripping our "family book"

I love these pictures! And even more, I love E who took them! She sent us 22 pictures!!! How awesome is that??? And the hogar Valentina is in, well, I must say I feel very peaceful and happy about it. I think we can all agree that she's not being starved! LOL. I cannot wait to go and meet and THANK these amazing women for taking such wonderful care of our beloved. Asa was asking me tonight when he saw the new pictures if the woman in the picture was Valentina's "fohs-tuh mud-der". I explained what happened and that now she has lots of "caregivers" instead of just one. He then took her picture and put it up, inside his sombrero (where his head fits) and then put it on. He wanted to keep her picture close by! Mom and I almost started crying when he did that. That child has taught me more about patience than, well, almost even more than Valentina has! Almost. Asa is so patiently waiting for her to come home. At times I wonder if he actually thinks she WILL come home. Tomorrow we are going to the Portland waterfront for Cinco de Mayo! Asa is soooo excited! He's going to wear his poncho and sombrero. I will be sure to post pictures!!! Until later.....

9 comments:

Soltana said...

Yes you are turning into HOLLY!!!! :) She is SOOOO cute. I love the little book you made for her. She looks like she's doing great!!! Hope you guys have fun..make sure to get a pic of cutie guy in his poncho!!! He's to cute !!
Soltana

RoseAnn said...

Awwwww...she is beautiful! Love the bed head! hey I was up late last night as well. I am supposed to get new pics today and I acted like they were coming at midnight. needless to say I'm tired today but whats new!:) Love your blog. I'll be checking it. Roseann

Melissa said...

What a sweetie! She is gorgeous! I love the family album you made for her. Where did you get that album? I would like to get one like it for Sunbeam.

Anonymous said...

The cool thing about these pictures is that when she is older and you are at home together, you can show her these baby pictures and show her how you were "with her" even when she was this little! You can show her how you were always her family even before she lived with you!
Love you guys!
Lori

Lou said...

Cameo,
I think we have the chunkiest (healthiest) baby girls ever from Guatemala! AP weighed 10 lbs 2 oz at 9 days old. She has slowed down, but I loved all her baby fat pics. Valentina is pure sunshine! She looks wonderful. I know you were thrilled to get so many pics! I also am so happy that she has transitioned well into the hogar. I know you have been worried about that! GOOD NEWS!!!

Kya Blu's Mommy Candy...aka KiKi said...

Hey girl I love your new pictures!!! Girl I crave Cheesecake factory every stinkin day...we are FINALLY getting one here in Tulsa at the end of summer...

Andrea said...

She is just gorgeous. I couldn't ask for a prettier daughter in law to be :) Love it!

It's amazing what children can teach us. I just wish we all could have a child's heart.

Natalie said...

What a sweet story...Asa and the pic of Carolina!

Hope you had a great time at the Waterfront...I'm jealous!

JOY said...

Asa will soon get chance to meet his new cousin!

I reckon they are going to be really close - you all seem to be a very close family which I think is wonderful.

She really is perfect Cameo - like mother like daughter I guess!