We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, May 12, 2007

Not Good

My cousin Sonia, who's best friend Jackie is pregnant with her 3rd baby, just told me the name of the possible thing that's wrong with the baby. It's Trisomy 18. My heart breaks for them. They have the ultrasound Tuesday so they will know more then. Right now, the blood test could be wrong. Please keep Jackie and her family in your thoughts and/or prayers. Until later......

5 comments:

Jane-Jane said...

My prayers are with Jackie, her baby, family and friends. Please keep us posted as test are done.

JOY said...

Oh dear - not good news!

I will be thinking of Jackie and praying that everything will be ok.

Sonia said...

I just want to say thank you for your prayers and for everyone else who is praying. Jackie told me she really appreciates it. Thank you.

Soltana said...

Prayers to Jackie and her family..hugs from Va... :)

RoseAnn said...

I don't know if this helps but I too was told my son had trisomy 18 and we had the ultrasound and it came out inconclusive. We then were told to do an amnio. I was schedules to have one and then decided to not do it. What would i do if I found out he was going to be disformed, disabled etc.? Abort him? I am happy to announce I had a happy healthy NORMAL baby boy who weighed 8lbs eleven ounces. So there is hope. Hope this helps. Roseann