We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, May 24, 2007

SO MUCH STUFF!!!!!

Oh my gosh, so much has happened today! First off, I have a HUGE thank you going out to A. A, I will NEVER be able to thank you properly for what you did!!!! You are truly an angel here on earth. THANK YOU!!!!!!
So, Norm had a meeting last night and again today, so he didn't go to work, which meant he was able to sleep in this morning, which meant my schedule got all screwy. I try to wake up around 7am to start my day. Well, I didn't wake up until 8:30 am when Sissy called. Furthermore, the phone in the bedroom wasn't working so I had to run out to the living room and couldn't find the phone there, so I had run into the FAMILY room, and by that time, sissy had hung up. I called her back and we talked. I finally got in the shower around 9 am and Norm got up and got ready for his meeting. I was all discombobulated with my schedule off, things were crazy this morning, Norm was home, trying to get ready, I hadn't had my morning coffee yet, I had to call Sandi (the best mother in law ever), ACK! Crazy morning!
Here's a picture of Sandi, my mother in law. This picture was taken back in June, almost a year ago, at our wedding reception at our house.
Then I read that Anne Pearce was out of jail, er, PGN! That TOTALLY made my day! So Norm was ready and before he left for his meeting, I had to take his picture. I'm used to seeing him in work boots, old jeans and ratty t-shirts, not quite the way he looked today!




I love my husband!
I like him looking all rough in his work clothes, but this was a nice change too!
So, then I realized that I had missed our midnight cutoff for our plane tickets to California next month that I had held. There were only 3 seats on the flight down so I was freaking out. First, I must admit, I was really on the fence about going down period. Norm can't take much time off work, so if went it had to be a quick trip, and it's awful lot of money for only 3 days. So when I realized our tickets were gone, I figured I would check this morning and if they were sold out, than that was our answer that we weren't supposed to go. So I checked and we were able to get the last two seats on the flight down! I took that as a sign and I booked and PAID for our flight! We are going to California 3 weeks from tomorrow!!!! I can't wait to see everyone! My dad comes from a huge family, he's one of 12 (living) siblings. Four of my dad's siblings died in childhood because his parents couldn't afford a doctor. For that reason alone, I'm grateful every day for all I have. My parents and Trina, Josh and Asa are going down at the same time, but they are driving down. We're going to have so much fun! We're all staying with Aunt Margo and drunk cousin Caroline:
drunk cousin Caroline, me and Aunt Margo
So after I called Margo and verified that she had enough floor space for all of us, mom came over and we sat outside and watched Asa play.




This is a little car that Asa can steer and take apart the engine. Mom bought it before Asa was even born. He loves it!

A couple of weeks ago, Asa was not too happy so to cheer him up we looked at a craft catalog and he picked out these little wooden motorcycles. It was only $9.95 for a dozen of them. They finally came in the mail today. He was so excited!


Look familiar Lori? This is Norm's birthday card that he got from Aunt Lori......



.....that when you open it, it plays the Star Wars theme. Well, my little Star Wars nut plays with it sometimes. Yesterday he wouldn't leave the house without it so Mom brought it back today.

Mini Luke Skywalker himself

I hope this outfit fits Asa for a while longer as mom bought Valentina a matching little sunsuit. I would love to have them together wearing their outfits.


I love this boy more than life itself. He really is my first child. But at the end of the day, he gets to go home and I'm terrified of when Valentina gets here, she'll be HOME, no going away!!!!

Asa wiped out today on the sidewalk and had to get band aids put on his boo boo's
Okay, for the deal of all deals. Have I said before how much I love my Targer? I swear, it's like a Target outlet. Anyway, I found the dresser I want to get for Valentina's room. It just so happens to be the same one that Holls got for Gia. I swear, I had found it and fallen in love with it before Holly blogged about it, I'm not copying her!!!!




So, today, mom, Trina, Asa and I went to Target to finish up our baby registry and just do some looking around. Since I'm a cheapskate, I've been waiting for the dresser to go on sale before buying it. It is NEVER on sale, except when Holly bought it! She told me to buy it then and I didn't. Well, I go around the corner in Target to where it is, and lo and behold, not is it only on sale, but it's on freakin' CLEARANCE!!!!! HALF FREAKIN' PRICE!!!!!!! I got the dresser, side table and book case ALL for about $280!!!!! I had a 10% coupon too that I got to use! So as soon as I got home I went online and ordered the matching headboard! We are set! Now I just need to find a crib. I found one that I liked at Baby Depot. I am so stoked!!!!! So, as you can see, a lot of stuff happened today!!!!! Until later........

9 comments:

Soltana said...

You are tooo funny..... I love the pics... Norm looks handsome... I hope you guys have a great trip..oh and Sandi looks just as sweet as you made her :)

If your EVER on this side of the country..yeah right...the first weekend in MAY next year.... you can come to the fireman's parade with us..the boys can play for us...maybe they'll make some money !!! And the girls can dance around..we'll be RICH!!!!

Holly G. said...

$280?!?!?!?!?! I paid that for just that one stankin' dresser...I couldn't afford the rest of it. It is a very nice dresser though, I love it.

Norm looks like somebody famous but I just can't figure it out. Help me out here Cameo, I know people must tell him...who is it???

Melissa said...

Wow, what a day, and what a great deal on the furniture!

Andrea said...

Busy busy! Makes me pooped just reading it! WHEW. You got a lot done!

Hey, did you ever find your bamboo towels? If you did, did you like them? I can't remember.

Holly is right-Norm looks like someone...can't put my finger on it either. Garth Brooks with a little Tom Sizemore maybe? Tom Sizemore before the drugs, of course.

Natalie said...

Girl, you rock and your Target rocks too!!!! And what a crazy busy day!

Shannon said...

I am so glad you had a FANTASTICALLY busy day. Nice work on the TARGET clearance!!

Lou said...

I have looked at that dresser SO many times at Target. I love it. There is no room in AP's room for anything but her!!! I still haven't gone in her room since we found out we were OUT. I know I will just bawl. Anyhoo, I can't wait to see a pic of Valentina's room in progress!

T said...

VAL KILMER!!!! LOL
right sissy???

T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.