We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, April 23, 2009

Pins And Needles

Sissy finally said it on her blog so I guess it's okay that I say it on mine. This is just an excerpt from her blog:

Asa continues to amaze me with how wonderful he is. I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a sweet boy. I really am lucky. Yesterday he told me that I need to continue to eat healthy, because when I eat healthy foods, the baby eats healthy foods. So sweet to me.Oh, I'm pregnant too. I haven't wanted to get too excited about it since the miscarry, but I am 8 weeks and have had an ultra sound and all looks good so far. My due date is Dec. 2 and final exams are Nov. 23. Talk about close.

So, yes, God willing, I'll be an aunt again. We are trying to be calm about it and not get too excited...... yet. But once we (hey, it's a community baby just like Asa and Valentina are) are past the iffy stage, well, all bets are off! And no matter what the gender, the baby is set with clothes, toys and everything else. Hell, half the clothes Valentina has outgrown and that are packed away still have tags on them. And that's not counting the ones I donated that still had tags on them.

I cannot WAIT to have Asa again every day. Only four more days!

Hollis' idea of storming city hall with trailers may not be necessary. Fingers crossed, things might work out. Thanks for the idea though. And just in case you don't know who she is, she is a kick ass author who wrote a few of my favorite books, "Bleachy Haired Honky Bitch" and "Confessions of a Recovering Slut". The saying is to not judge a book by it's cover but when I saw those titles I immediately bought them and am so happy I did.

That's about it for me. Other than I'm making Valentina an REM convert. Yes, she still loves all the songs from Shrek, Shrek 2 in particular, and Imagination Movers, and Wiggles, but I'm trying to expand her musical tastes. Of course one of her favorite songs is "Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects. Yeah, I'm going to win mother of the year because my 2 year daughter can sing along with the song with the correct words. Hey, at least she's never said fuck or shit, but only because I can spell them faster than I can say them now. Asshole too. And dipshit. Actually I've become quite a rapid profanity speller. Is there an entry in Guinness for that? I would so win that S-H-I-T.

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay! I am so excited for you all to have another little one. That is so much fun! I have never read those books, but the title alone makes me want them. So you're saying that if I sent V the Hannah Montana soundtrack she wouldn't like it? "Give You Hell" is one I listen to on repeat as well.

Tracey said...

Wooowhooo!!! I am so happy for your family!!! AND I love that All American Rejects song!!! Just another reason to love you:)

Grama said...

Yeah for all of us. Another child to love. How blessed are all of us?
Hope Valentina doesn't learn her first bad word from me. I will try to spell instead of say. Love to all. Does this baby make Valentina a Big Sister?

jill marie said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I will continue prayers for sweet sweet Sissy...I feel like she is the blogosphere's community baby, too! :-)

You are so funny...Jeff and I are good spellers of ALL curses...and Alli sits there TRYING to keep up... she'll pause and then say...OOOOOOOHHHHH! I GET IT! lol

Get in line for the M of the Y award... I may be winning it this year! lol!

Love you, Cams...keep us posted on the hearing.

Valerie said...

Congrats to your whole family about the new baby!

Logan said "Holy shit" this weekend and I know he got that from me! Don't tell my husband!