We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, May 07, 2009

Biopsy Done

Sissy got home around 10 pm tonight from her biopsy. She had to wait at the hospital and around 5 pm she started to think they weren't going to get to her, which was she was really upset about because she had been at the hospital for four hours by that point. However, her wonderful surgeon actually came and told the techs that she was a priority and basically they needed to get it done today, no matter what time or how late they had to stay. So, she got it done. She goes in to see her surgeon tomorrow, possibly for the results. The tech told her that the biopsy looked "suspicious" so the tiny sliver of hope that we were scared to have that it wasn't cancer is pretty much obliterated. Now we just hope that it's from breast cancer and nothing else and that the chemo will kill all of it.

One word of advice to everyone; NEVER, EVER, EVER TAKE YOUR HEALTH FOR GRANTED!!!!!! That is what really pisses me off about this. We never have taken it for granted, for the past 16 1/2 years. Even when shit was going on, in the heights of bipolar episodes, we always said "hey, we have our health". Anyway, love your kids, love your parents and especially love your siblings, no matter what. Appreciate your family, no matter how dysfunctional. Then again, maybe not. After all, we always did and look what happened to our family, cancer. Twice! I only have this to say;

GO AWAY CANCER!!!! WE FUCKING HATE YOU AND WILL NOT REST UNTIL YOU LEAVE US THE HELL ALONE!!!!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm glad they finally got the biopsy done. What a long stressful day. Still praying!!!

Crystal said...

My sweet dear Cameo--praying for you all-- praying for you ((((HUGS)))))

jill marie said...

Praying that the results are managable. I will pray for strength for you all as she meets with the doctor today. You are an amazing family. Stay strong. She will fight this and WIN. I love you guys.

Sig said...

Sigh.
yes, hate cancer, It sucks. :(