We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, May 22, 2009

Biopsy Results

Well, the confirmation came back that it is cancer. We're still waiting on the pathology report to make sure it is the same type as the liver cancer but they are pretty sure it is the primary source. I feel so bad for Sissy. I just got off the phone with her and she was crying. Yesterday she told me that she had a dream that it wasn't cancer. It was the first time I've heard her be hopeful and have faith, so to have it dashed, I can imagine how devastating it is.

They are not going to take the tumor out, they want to get started on chemo and shrink it. My assumption (and that is all it is) is that they want to make the tumor smaller and she is going to have a mastectomy and they don't want to wait for surgery and recovery to get started on the chemo. But I could be completely wrong.

Poor sissy. She's exhausted. She can't sleep from the pain and she hurts all the time. Sissy is obviously pissed off that she can't ever forget that she has cancer as she physically feels it all the time. I can't imagine feeling that way. Just please pray for her, she needs all the prayers for comfort as she can get.

5 comments:

Grama said...

we pray for all of you.

Valerie said...

Saying an extra special prayer for Trina right now. And of course, praying for your whole family.

I'm waiting right now for my Mom's results....

Rose said...

Still praying in Dallas and have not (and will not)stop.

aunt kathy said...

We have trina "covered" in Prayer always.
love to you all
"Aunt kathy"

Tracey said...

Praying...all the time. Sending...happy thoughts! Love...all of you!!!