We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, May 06, 2009

First off, thank you to Holly for posting for me when I couldn't. Who would have thought a blog could have brought me one of my best friends.

Trina had her ultrasound today and the good news is that there isn't any big tumor in her stomach or anything else major like that. The lymph nodes next to her liver are enlarged but as of right now, we don't know anything else. A biopsy is probably going to be done tomorrow. We thank God for her amazing team of doctors that she has. Her OB and surgeon (the same surgeon that she had for her breast cancer in 1992) have been in pretty much constant contact with her and they both gave her their cell numbers so she can get in touch with them at any time.

Although we still don't know exactly what type of cancer that it is, her surgeon has already selected an oncologist (her OB told her today, she doesn't "officially" know this) and he is the best in the area.

So. That is all to report. We probably won't have any more info until Friday.

I'd like to thank everyone who has posted comments. Sissy and I, as fate would have it, had our psychiatric appointments already scheduled for today so it was good to be together and to talk to our psychiatrist about everything. He wants to see sissy in a month and when the receptionist told Trina that he wasn't available until mid June, I had to play the cancer card. I butted my head in and told the receptionist, "she has cancer, Dr. H wants to see her in four weeks." Needless to say, sissy is now at the top of the cancellation list :) Anyway, on our way home, I told sissy about the number of comments that were on my blog. She said she had only seen 33 (she hadn't checked in a few hours) and she has read through each and every one of them. So thank you!

Sissy is amazingly strong. Her outlook is, well, it couldn't be any better. We all get strength from HER. She is constantly worried about us, which is not how it should be. We will ALL get through it together, even if we have to drag her though the finish line. Chemo will suck. She's really dreading that as she keeps remembering how it was. But then again, that was 16 1/2 years ago, so I'm sure some things have changed, hopefully for the better.

Anyway, please keep praying. That is all we ask for. Healing prayers and good thoughts.

17 comments:

Sig said...

Yes, chemo sucks BUT now we have fabulous meds to counteract the nausea :)
Hugs and kisses to you both.

GMom said...

I am thinking of you all. You will all be fine. How is your Papa holding up?

Hug to everyone

Gmom

Marianne said...

Thanks for the update Cameo, I have been thinking and praying for Trina and the rest of the family all day. I only know you and Trina through your blogs but it is so obvious what strong women you are, and you know they say the nut doesn't fall far from the tree, and it is clear that you have had an amazing Mom who must be so very proud of her girls. Sending my love to you all tonight, I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Cameo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey said...

Girls, I am hurting for you. But I am happy that you all have eachother. Lean on eachother and stay STRONG!

The yellow band on my wrist has a whole new meaning today!

I love you all!!!

Mandy said...

I love your family and the blogging community never ceases to amaze me. This post made me cry. You are a team and just as you all will be there for Trina, we are all in her corner cheering her on as well. You all are amazing.

Rhonda said...

It sounds like Trina is in very good hands. Her doctors sound amazing. Thank you lord for the good news today. Praying these nasty lymph nodes can be dealt with easily. Trina, I am going to wear my rosary out with all the praying I am doing for you. Stay strong my friend.

Sonia said...

You have all been in my thoughts and prayers today and you will continue to be. Love you all

Kate @ Life As I Live It said...

Prayers are continuing to be said for Trina and your whole family, Cameo. Whatever you encounter, I pray that you will have the strength and courage to deal with it. Prayers too that the doctors will have the knowledge and skill to heal Trina and rid her of whatever is lurking.

Keep us updated! Stay strong. :)

JuJu - said...

expecting a miracle:)

burpittyburp said...

She CAN beat this!!!!!! I have on my Race for the Cure shirt right now! It is amazing the medicine that they have today. My SIL just celebrated 2 years in March and it was all due to a new drug, Herceptin.
Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Nicole R. said...

I will be praying for you and i just know you will beat this - you have to; you have Asa right there in your corner. I hate the C word - it's mean and it's unfair.

Grama said...

Love to all the family. I'm ashamed to say I didn't think of Papa and Norm at all. I know they love all of you and are suffering in this too. I'm so proud of you ladies. You are strong and you WILL get through this. Praying for ALL of you. Thank God you have the kids to bring Joy in a time of sorrow.

Valerie said...

Oh my! That post brought tears to my eyes. I'm still praying for you guys adn I'm going to light a candle for you. Keep the faith and stay strong. We are all here for you guys!

Carriage Works said...

Still keeing you in our thoughts and prayers...

We love you,

~Christina, for everyone here

Kerry said...

I'm praying and poised to watch Trina KICK CANCER'S A$$! AGAIN! I mean really..the nerve to mess with your family and this group of women. Bring it on. We're ready.

Crystal said...

My dear sweet sweet Cameo and Trina and Beya--ooh my goodness I just read this and your family is just amazing--your faith, courage, love and support --You guys inspire me and this is what I want my family to be when my sweeties grow up :)

Trina I know you are going to beat this --you are so loved by us (blogerland :) and by your family ooh my sweet Trina you are amazing!!!!

I am praying hard for your family --You guys are amazing :) --Thank you for updating and sharing this difficult journey with us--your family is so inspiring and you guys are going to make it through I bet even stronger than before --TRINA, CAMEO, AND BEYA --I love you guys --you are amazing women all of you --Cancer watch out you can't mess with this family! I love you all and I am praying for you!!!! :)