We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Good Day

Today was a good day. Actually, dare I say it, it was a great day. About 6-8 weeks ago sissy was tested for glaucoma and it came back that it was a possible positive. At the time this was crushing to mom. I couldn't stop laughing because it's such an "old person" thing. Anyway, sissy had her glaucoma testing today and mom went with her. I took the kids out to Grama's, came home and mom and sissy were already here. Sissy excitedly told me "I don't have glaucoma!" I told her good, since it would have really sucked to be blind AND have cancer. Mom just shook her head and looked away. She doesn't care for our cancer humor. It's the dry, offbeat sense of humor that sissy and I both got from our grandpa, mom's dad.

So, off we went to sissy's school so she could return her books. It was very sad as she loved school and was only able to go for a week before this cancer shit took over. After that we went out to lunch at the Adventist hospital (that's an entirely other blog post) and then the Adventist book store to stock up on veggie food. Suffice to say, whenever I leave either one of those places, I'm reminded again as to why I don't believe in that religion.... for me. So to go to BOTH places in the same day, well, it was negative overload. But at least it wasn't like negative CANCER overload, like tomorrow will be. Sissy, Josh and mom are going in to see the oncologist. We all hate and dread oncology day. It's actually three days long because you dread it the day before, the day of the appointment is always depressing, and the next day you still have this cloud of doom and gloom over your head so oncology day is really three days. Enough to make you puke (which all three of us almost did after lunch).

But, today was good. The three of us girls hadn't been out and about together without the kids since this whole fucktard cancer thing happened. So our spirits were up, we had fun and laughed. Well, most of the time, Beya didn't laugh whenever sissy and I made cancer jokes. We're trying to be respectful and not make so many of them around mom.

So, to wrap it up:

this afternoon = good

this evening = oncology day anxiety set in

tomorrow = sucks

Friday = oncology cloud still there

HOWEVER, the weather has been great and we're supposed to have fabulous weather (high 70's, low 80's) for the next week! Time to get the pool set up and get it warming for our annual 4th of July kick off pool party! SPC baby, SPC!!!! Take THAT you fucktard cancer! And sissy will be able to swim, even with her port! WOOHOO!!!!!!

9 comments:

Beya said...

I had a fun day with my two girls! But my stomach is still weird! Ya, I am dreading tomorrows appt too. I am praying it will not be so bad. Pray, pray, pray!!!!!!

Sig said...

Cams- Is there another Onc she can see if this one is all doom and gloom? That was my first Onc (man, I hated her andhated going) and then switched to this one who was as upbeat as me and I looked forward to it (well, as much as you can look forward to going to an ONCOLOGIST @@). Just thinking out loud...

Grama said...

we are still praying that this won't be as bad as last time. I'm so glad you can laugh. So glad you ladies had a great day. Love you all.

Mandy said...

You have to laugh. Sometimes if you didn't laugh you'd cry and there is enough of that. =)

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great day together! You and your family are in my thoughts EVERYDAY! In fact, many times a day... just know that you have an army of people behind you that are praying for ALL of your family.

Bonnie

Anonymous said...

laughing about the "Cancer" is just another way people "cope" with this. it's like an "outlet" of pent up Anxiety.
Thank God you can "still" laugh.
. did you know the bible says "a merry heart doeth good like medicine"....so LAUGH Laugh Laugh, its good for the soul (mind, will and emotions)
Im sure it feels so good for you two to laugh together, since you had both cried so much before, and probably will again. enjoy the moments.
love you all so much.
Aunt Kathy

} tiGeRliLy said...

Im glad you had a good day & hope tomorrow goes well =)
You are all in my thoughts and prayers!
SPC Rocks!!!!
Love you!!!!!!

Alaska family said...

Glad you had a good day, and hope you have more to follow. We are still praying for you all, hope today was atleast, ok!

Love you.

Tracey said...

Take that fucktard cancer!! I LOVE YOU and your humor:)