We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, May 21, 2009

Here Come The Newlyweds!!!!

Yes, that IS correct, Beya and Papa got married today!!!!

Okay, a bit of a clarification. They were actually married in 1968 but were never married by "The Church". They have planned on getting married by the Catholic church for the past few years. They wanted to have a big wedding, a big party, the whole shebang as mom was barely 16 when they got married at the court house in Reno, NV the first time. Then sissy had to go and get cancer.... AGAIN... and put a crimp into everything. It was very important to papa that he and mom get married ASAP and have the church's blessing so they got married today in Goldendale. Sissy and I wanted to go but it was going to be a long day driving there and back with the kids and sissy is supposed to be taking it easy after her biopsy (which the results are not back yet). So instead it was just mom and papa. However, as soon as they got back into town, we all went out to dinner at one of our fave places, a Mexican restaurant with a wonderful outdoor seating ambiance. We had a nice dinner and life was good.

Sissy and Asa rode over with Norm, Valentina and me as Joshua rode his motorcycle over. As we were leaving, sissy instructed me to take a picture of mom and papa. I said we should have tied tin cans to the back of the car.... only papa would have been pissed had we done anything to the car.... and mom would have been mortified at us drawing attention to her. In fact I can pretty much guarantee that I'm in for a tongue lashing in the morning once she reads this post.

Asa came over this afternoon and while Valentina took a nap, he and I had a great time. We were just messing around and having fun.


Sissy was over when I took this gag inducing photo. He was eating that gross, disgusting, slimy, processed ham that he loves in Lunchables. All three of us were cracking up and had a nice time laughing.

This was taken earlier this week. I urge you all to please, stop and smell the flowers. I know it sounds cliche, but you never know when your life might be turned upside down and inside out.

8 comments:

Amanda said...

I've missed seeing pictures of Asa and V! :0) Congrats to the newlyweds!! WHO HOO!!!

Andrea said...

CONGRATS Beya and Papa! I think you two kids *just* might make it ;) Love you both!

Love the pictures! Except for the ham stuff. Makes me gag. *blech*

Love you, girl!!

Kim said...

Congratulations Beya and Papa!! You both look so great - and I agree with Andrea - you guys just might make this marriage thing work out. :)

Valerie said...

Yay Beya and Papa! I hope my hubby and I are married for as long as they have been.

Krystal said...

Congrats to Beya & Papa!!! All of these pictures are beautiful, and I am so glad that you had a fun day :)

Grama said...

How wonderful. Congrats Beya and Papa. Do we get to have a big party now??? I know a great place to have it.
Love to all.

Mandy said...

Wooooo! Congratulations to Beya and Papa!

Thanks for the visual remind to stop and smell the flowers, you're right we all need to do more of that.

Trina G. said...

love the pics. Asa's is gross though, but funny. You got a great shot of Vali, smelling the flowers and not picking them off one by one LOL