We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, May 25, 2009

Miracles.....So Far

With the horrible diagnosis of cancer, I keep forgetting the following miracles that have accompanied this shitty monster:



* BONE SCAN WAS CLEAN!!!!!!

* No tumors in her stomach


* Papa's faith has been completely restored and he's a new man

* Joshua being able to be moved to day shift... PERMANENTLY!!!

* The amount of money raised in the raffle. MIND BLOWING!!!

* Her cancer is treatable

* Sissy finally prayed for herself last night and received a peace she hasn't had since this all started

So yes, sissy has been dealt a really fucked up deck of cards, but we CAN see God working, and He's working through all of you and everyone around us. Miracles are happening, we just need to remind ourselves of them every once in a while.

12 comments:

Michelle Riggs said...

Thankful there is good news with some of the tests. Praying for a miracle. I hate that your sister is fighting the beast for a second time.

Kim said...

It is so hard to stop and see the miracles around us. Good for you for recognizing there have been some. Still praying for Sissy!!!

Mandy said...

Miracles happen every day, we just have to look for them.

Valerie said...

We take every little thing as a miracle! You have to to keep your sanity.

Tracey said...

Amen sister. We will take any miracle big or small! Hang in there! You all are loved so very much!!

jill marie said...

Prayers Prayers Prayers...happy thoughts...peace... love...joy...HOPE...healing...Prayers... more prayers....

These are the things that I wish for you and your family today.

Grama said...

So wonderful to see the miracles you list but please redo and add Valentina and Asa. Two miracles that I still think God planned for a time like this when you need a miracle to look at.
So happy to hear about Papa and Josh. Two wonderful miracles. Praying for more.
All my love

Anonymous said...

So happy to see that miracles are being recognized. hugs and prayers your way .
MT II

Greta Jo said...

How awesome! I am sure more miracles are coming -

Alleen said...

And we will all continue these prayers endlessly until Sissy is again cured.

URBAN BLONDE said...

I agree with Grama's additions to your fabulous miraculous list!

I had a semi shitty day today but reading your blog reminded me to be thankful for the good things in your life. The words about your Dad brought tears to my eyes.
Maybe just maybe you'll restore my faith too.

Hugs
Carrie

Trina G. said...

great post Sissy. I really appreciate that! I have to remember my miracles instead of dwelling on the unknown. Love you so much and I have had a great time with you the last few days.