We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, May 05, 2009

MRI Results...

I'm posting this on behalf of Cameo and forgive me if my words don't make sense because none of this makes any sense to me.

Trina had her MRI today and it confirmed our worst fears. Trina has liver cancer. Before I say anything else...it is treatable.

It is secondary so that means there is cancer somewhere else in her body. The best case scenario is that the primary cancer is in the breast and that she will be able to bet a double mastectomy followed by chemotherapy and radiation. The cancer in her liver consists of many small spots that can be treated through chemotherapy.

I don't want to post anything else because everything else is not 'for sure'. They will know more tomorrow. Trina will be getting an ultrasound and biopsy done at 7:20am tomorrow and by tomorrow night they should have MUCH more information than they have right now.

Cameo would like everyone to keep praying for Trina and their family. There is HOPE! Trina knows she will beat this...she has already beat it once before. In fact, she kicked it's ass and I have no doubt that she will do the same again.

Either Cameo will update or I will update again for her when they get their results tomorrow. When I talked to Cameo on the phone she was understandably very upset but still her strong self. I cannot imagine what their family is going through...every time I try to put myself in their shoes, I push the shoes away. This is something that nobody should ever have to go through...EVER, and for one family to go through this twice has got to be beyond devastating.

Please, please, please leave your love, prayers, good thoughts and anything else you can think of in the comments section. I know they will be appreciated and I know you all are very appreciated.

48 comments:

Christina said...

Sending HUGE prayers my friends.

Shannon said...

Saying prayers of healing and peace for your family. Love you all. I will send you an email Cameo...

GMom said...

Please know that my thoughts are with all of you. Cameo I know that you will be strong and Trina will beat this

Kerry said...

You ALL can do this. We will be here to pray and go through this with you. God is faithful. Always. I wish I could hug all of you right now. I love you all so much and will do anything I can to help you. Any of you. I will pray without fail until the day Trina gets a clean bill of health. And she WILL.

Katie said...

Many prayers for you all !!

Krystal said...

I am praying for healing!!!

Marianne said...

My heart and prayers go out for you all. I can't find the words to express how sorry I am that Trina has to go through this right now.

Stephanie (Maya's mommy) said...

Praying in Texas too! May teh peace that passes all understanding sweep over you all tonight and strengthen Trina's body for what's ahead. Hugs!!
steph

Cameo said...

Holly, thank you so much for posting. I want you to know that this was something that you could do for me and I won't hesitate to ask you to do something again. I'm so thankful for you and the rest of our blogger family. Sissy IS amazing and her outlook is unbelievably strong. She is HANDS DOWN the strongest person I know!

Carrie said...

I love you guys and I want you know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Trina, I hope you feel the positive energy I'm sending you every night. I know you will beat cancer's ass!

Hugs,
Carrie

DJ Holly Rock said...

Cams...I just wanted to make sure I did it right. I am here for you guys for anything and everything.

Trina is AMAZING but it runs in the family!

Rose said...

Sending love, peace and grace. You all will be close to my heart.

Princess D said...

I don't comment often but follow your blog. So sad for your family tonight to hear this news but hopeful and will pray that your sister can kick this cancer in the ass like she did last time. Sending you hugs and strength to help her through this.
D

Muriel and Jerry said...

Cameo.
So sorry to hear this news. I know she will kick this to the curb for good. Just remember what is above our heads is still below God's feet.

Rhonda said...

Cameo,
Please make sure Trina knows I am praying for her. SHE WILL WIN THIS BATTLE.

Andrea said...

Trina- you WILL beat this!! You will beat it and make it beg for mercy!


Cams- you ARE strong. You WILL also make it through this.

I will be praying for you all!! LOVES YOU!

Cathie said...

I am praying for your family.
Cathie

Natalie said...

Trina, Cameo and family...I am so sorry to hear this news. I know how strong you all are and you WILL beat it! We are praying for you all. Love you.

Sonia said...

Trina and all of you are in my prayers. We love you all.

Jaimee said...

Cameo and family, know that I am praying hard for Trina and the strength of all of you!!! Huge hugs and prayers coming your way!!!

Doripink said...

Praying for Trina! I know she will kick this thing in the ass hard!! We are here for support and will always be your prayer warriors!
Hugs-Dori

burpittyburp said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Sending you lots of love:)

Kathy said...

Trina and your whole family are in my prayers.

JuJu - said...

I love you guys and I am just so sorry you have to go through this storm -
plain and simple it stinks!!!!!!!!
But I know the that God is going to carry you through this to the other side -
I love you guys and if i can do ANYTHING - anytime - call me -

I am praying and standing with you guys every step of the way!

Kim said...

Sending prayers your way. I'm sure Trina can kick this - she's already proven she can do it once. In fact, I can't believe cancer was willing to show his ugly ass again. :)

Alleen said...

I am so sorry to hear this news and I will pray for Trina and the entire family.

Can't wait to hear the plan of action so I can pray for specific things.

Trina, kick it's butt.

art-sweet said...

I'm so sorry. I will keep holding you and your amazing sister in my thoughts. Cancer sucks, but you are stronger.

Mandy said...

Many, many thoughts and prayers for your family and especially Trina. Who can and WILL beat this. Many hugs.

Kylie's Mommy said...

We will be praying non stop for Trina....
She has kicked cancers butt once and can do it again.
Stay strong,
Dottie

jill marie said...

Prayers and Love.

Cherrie said...

Remember...
If God brings you to it, He will bring you thru it!

Speaking from experience, God's GRACE is truly AMAZING.

Love and prayers to all of you.

Rose said...

There are three stages in the work of God: impossible, difficult, done.
James Hudson Taylor

Sarah said...

Prayers for Trina, her baby and your whole family!

Kelly said...

Prayers for Trina and the rest of you to stay strong. She will beat this!!!!!!

Carriage Works said...

Still praying for you all...

Love and hugs to everyone,

Grama said...

Holly did a great job. Have been praying all morning for peace, grace and mercy. Your family has been through so much and I know you are all strong beautiful women. Ask Norm if he remembers his aunts teaching him to say I believe in miracles for I believe in God. I do belive.
love to all

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Praying Praying Praying. Trina has many prayer warriors going to God on behalf of her.

I will be praying for your whole family!!!


Andrea

Becca said...

Sending up prayers for healing!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

cesbloom said...

Sending many hugs for the strength you all need to kick cancer in the butt again, and many prayers for success. Trina and your family are in my thoughts. Sheri

Anonymous said...

My thougths and prayers are with all of you , and as Cameo told me eariler this week, it is time to climb in the wheelbarrow. Hugs and prayers to all.

MT II

melissa said...

Praying for your entire family...

Anonymous said...

Storming heaven with prayers for Trina and all of you.

Lots of love,

Jimena

Valerie said...

Sending prayers and positive thoughts their way!

Melissa said...

Sending prayers to the whole family. She has beat the beast once and WILL do it again. I will pray without ceasing until she gets a clean bill of health.

Much love,
Melissa
Calhoun Ga

Tracey said...

Loving your whole family from a far! Please knwo that we think your family kicks ass, so cancer should be very afraid!!! Praying like mad!!!

We loves you all!!!

Tracey said...

Dammit, I spelled KNOW wrong:(

Greta Jo said...

I will continue to pray for Trina.

erinberry said...

I am so sorry to read this news. Will be thinking of you all.