We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, June 22, 2009

Angry Motherfucker

That's what this cancer is. In one week it spread from sissy's vertebrae and pelvis, to all over. Her ribs, her shoulders, everywhere but her legs, which means that the first bone scan that came back clean was, in fact, a clean bone scan. Four weeks later it had metastasized to her bones. But it has NOT gone to her brain!!! Praise God for miracles. That is definitely one. I went and saw sissy during chemo and she said it was very scary to see her bone scan and see that she "is riddled with cancer." Terrifying? Hell yes. But sissy just sat there and kept saying "it's a jerk! What a jerk! This cancer is a jerk for moving so fast!" Me? Well, you know my language, from now on I'll simply refer to it as the angry motherfucker. But sissy is angrier, so I have hope and faith that in the end, SHE will be the one left standing. Again, there is no other acceptable outcome.

10 comments:

JuJu - said...

I love you - all of you - and I know that the next scan is going to show better results - celebrating with you for a clean brain scan:)

hugs to you all:)

Grama said...

I'm holding on to the it can be treated and thanking God it isn't in her brain. Still believing for the best. Love to all.

URBAN BLONDE said...

UGH... what fucking shitty news. I can't believe how fast it moved, scary scary stuff.

I am thrilled tho' to hear it hasn't gone to her brain. And I'm convinced Trina can fight this BEAST!

She will kick this fuckingcancer to the curb.

Sig said...

SHE WILL be the last one standing.
It is scary, {I cannot imagine}, but she will tackle this like she has everything else....she's gonna fight like a GIRL! And that is a beautiful thing.
I hope they fight this MF cancer very aggressively.
I have much faith in her, I honestly do.

melissa said...

Your sissy is SO strong - and she has so much to fight for. She will win this!!

Valerie said...

Aarhhh! That sucks! Let us now what's next. Try to be strong (and I know that's so hard) and fight this head on.
My Mom sees her oncologist Thurs it find out whats next and I'm scared the cancer is spreading with all this waiting we are doing (it's been almost a month since we found out it spread for the fourth time). My sisters and I want my Mom to go to Cancer Treament Centers of America (I've heard thats the place to go).

nikki said...

F U Cancer!!!!
It sucks that it moved so fast, but remember the good news
1) Clean brain scan!!
2) Clean lymph nodes, the chemo is working!!!
3) Your sister is a fighter!!!!

Praying with you that she only has Clean scans from now on!!!!

Crystal said...

My dear sweet Cameo --we are having internet issues right now and I am so sorry I have not been able to get on here I have been praying nonstop for all of you--

I am celebrating with you too --brain scan is clear!!! And the chemo is working her lymph nodes are clear--Cameo! --I just can't wait to see more miracles--watch out cancer here comes Trina!!!! I love you all xoxoxo

Beya said...

Baby Girl, you are amazing to me. You are truly amazing. I know how hard this is for you, and yet you are always there for anyone that needs you. We are a blessed family. I thank God for you! Love, Mama

Jaimee said...

Trina can and will beat this! I'm so glad to hear that the brain scan is clean! I am praying for her!