We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Brain Scan Scheduled ****RESCHEDULED*****

Today at 2:45 pm. Mom talked to sissy and Trina is the one who is pushing for this. She said she wants to know where the cancer so she can KILL it, not put it in remission, not treat it, KILL the motherfucker. My sister is the strongest person on the planet!!!! I'm so blessed to have her in my life and Valentina is so blessed to have her as her TT and Asa is blessed to have her as his mum and mom and papa are so blessed to have her as their daughter.

Just please pray for strength for sissy as she has an appointment this morning at 11 am and another one at 2:45 so it will be a long, exhausting day for her.

I accept the results of the brain scan. Good or bad, it is what God chooses and He (yes, caps are back) will take care of her.

*****BRAIN SCAN RESCHEDULED*****
It will be done tomorrow, THURSDAY, at 10:30 or 10:45 am. It just gives us more time to have more people praying for her.

12 comments:

Cameo said...

Oh, one more thing, at least her brain scan isn't on Friday! Her next bone scan IS for this Friday, but we already know that it's there. I'm on my knees begging God to give her a clean brain scan, but if it's not, then He will somehow get us through it and things will move forward.

melissa said...

I will be praying for a clean brain scan!! Your sister is so strong - she is amazing!!

Krystal said...

Your Sissy is super tough, and I love her determination to KILL this cancer! I am praying and I will post this on my blog (after work hours).

Aunt Kathy said...

I suspect that all the "crap" your sister has gone through has made her strong. that, and her Faith in our Lord God.
shes one remarkable women.
prayers going out on all your behalf.
love you all so much
Aunt Kathy

Dena said...

I have a feeling something is gonna get it's ass kicked!! GO TRINA!!!

Grama said...

You show new strength. I am so proud of you. Let me know if you need me on Thurs. Friday is booked.
Love you
Constantly praying as are so many others.

nikki said...

Will be saying some special prayers for all of you Thursday.
Trinas strength is amazing, but you are also amazingly strong too Cameo!!!

Chanting "Clean Brain Scan" "Clean Brain Scan"

Crystal said...

Praying my dear sweet Cameo --Praying!!! You are amazing do you know that?? --so inspiring and so amazing and so so so STRONG!--Praying for your amazing (one AMAZING ISN'T ENOUGH)--AMAZING!!!! FAMILY!!!!!!!! xoxoxox

Crystal said...

Praying my dear sweet Cameo --Praying!!! You are amazing do you know that?? --so inspiring and so amazing and so so so STRONG!--Praying for your amazing (one AMAZING ISN'T ENOUGH)--AMAZING!!!! FAMILY!!!!!!!! xoxoxox

Tracey said...

Tomorrow is a big day!! I know that He has some tricks up His sleeve for all of us! (Good tricks)

I love you all, and will be thinking happy thoughts!!!

Melissa said...

Praying for all of you! Praying for the death of Trina's cancer!

michelle j said...

Sending Prayers from Nebraska, I'll be keeping everyone in my thoughts thursday.