We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, June 26, 2009

Miracles

I have to constantly remind myself of the miracles that are happening. Here are the ones I'm thankful for today:

* Mom and I have a strong sense of peace. I'm no longer angry and I consider every day to be a good day. Even yesterday, when sissy was really bad, it was still a day WITH her.

* We learned about the PARP Inhibitor. I don't know if it will even do anything, but at least we know about it now.

* I've learned to take things one day at a time and I know God will give me the strength to handle whatever happens.

* The bone scan was horrible but it didn't go to her brain! That is a huge miracle right there.

* All of the people who love, pray for, think of and send good thoughts to sissy are amazing.

* Our kids. Asa and Valentina always deserve to be on this list.

* ASA GOT INTO SOCCER!!!!! Tuesday sissy called to see if he was able to get on a team. Practice started yesterday and he was 15th on the waiting list at the place he always goes to, 5th on the one across town. Sissy got the call yesterday that he got in...... TO THE ONE HE ALWAYS GOES TO!!!!!! Yes, that truly is a miracle..... obviously the woman shoved him to the top of the list (sissy played the cancer card) but it truly was a miracle that the woman did push Asa to the top. We are so thrilled that Asa can continue doing what he loves and what his passion is during this unbelievably difficult time.

So those are my miracles for the day. Sissy is having yet another bad day. But again, it is a day WITH her.

6 comments:

Grama said...

I love you so much. I know you don't want to hear about YOU but I was very impressed by how well you take care of Trina. I know she feels your love and caring. I so totally agree every day with Trina is a good day. Still praying for her to be relieved of all this pain. All 3 of you ladies are so beautiful and I am so blessed to know you.

bodegalee said...

I just love your posts.. your honesty, and your REAL feelings. I have a friend who has some scary things going on.. really scary.. she will know in a few days I suspect what bottom line is.. Your blog and all you/your family has gone thru, has helped me sooo much to be a positive force for her and her kids.. YOu all rock and there are so many positives that many of us take advantage of everyday.. You've def helped me to look at things differently and I so appreciate it. You're all in my thoughts and prayers...

Kim said...

Continued prayers - and Thank God for His miracles!!

Mandy said...

There posts remind me of other posts that go around called grace in small things -http://graceinsmallthings.ning.com/

Beya said...

Great post baby girl. We are so blessed to have you in our family. Thank you for all you do and your positive attitude dude!!!! I love you dearly, and I see the peace and faith you have. You are an inspiration to me. God is blessing us everyday and we will celebrate grandly when she is cancer free! I love you.

URBAN BLONDE said...

I am loving the fact that you feel at peace. I know exactly what you mean having been there before. It's like gaining a whole new perspective.

I'm thrilled that Asa got into Soccer! I love the Asa soccer stories. And you are so right it's his passion! Way to go Trina! ;)

Hugs to you and your darling V!
Carrie