We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, June 19, 2009

NO NEWS!!!!

We haven't heard anything today so I'm actually relieved. Therefore all we know is that the cancer is contained in the places that we already know about. Plus we didn't get news on a Friday, so I'm good. It will be a decent weekend. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts, well wishes, prayers and support. It really does mean the world to all of us. Jilly, thank you for the card today! I, too, wish I could hit rewind. But, we can't so we have no other option but to go forward.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

This statement is empowering "I, too, wish I could hit rewind. But, we can't so we have no other option but to go forward."

Your whole family are such warriors.

Amanda said...

Love you!

erinberry said...

Glad there was no bad news today. Hope you can enjoy the weekend. Hugs to you all!

Kim said...

We'll take no news. Hope you guys have a GREAT weekend.

Grama said...

Since Trina's Dr. is quick to let you know bad results I'm believing no news is good news.
Love you all. Hope you are able to have a fun weekend.

Crystal said...

I second what Kim said --I hope you guys have a really fun weekend! :)

nikki said...

Hope you all have a relaxing fun weekend!!!

URBAN BLONDE said...

OMG what a roller coaster the last couple of days has been. I'm with Grama and thinking no news is good news.

BTW the pic below of Trina is gorgeous! Her inner strength just shines through the picture.

How are you my darling? I hope you are taking care of yourself too? I think of you guys everyday even when I'm not able to get on here. Praying hard.

Hugs,
Carrie