We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Ooops, Not Too Shabby, Take II

My first post got published by accident. I wasn't finished writing it so here goes.

Miracles:

* The nurse was amazed how great sissy's port area looked. No bruising, healing very nicely, etc... Sissy said "maybe I just don't bruise easily" because she also didn't have any bruising from where the lumpectomy was done too. Uh, no, that's not the case. Whenever she has blood drawn it looks like she's been in a boxing match. Miracle!

* Right now the biggest side effect she's had from the chemo is extreme tiredness. There are literally a hundred other things that she could be experiencing that are worse. Tired? Take a nap! She needs her sleep anyway since she hasn't slept well since before she was diagnosed. Miracle!

* She gets a little queasy but once she eats she feels better. Last time she had chemo she couldn't eat a thing without puking it up. Miracle!

* Her back pain is very mild right now compared to the intense, searing pain she was having Tuesday. Miracle!

* She hasn't had to take a pain pill since Tuesday afternoon. Miracle!

* Her bone scan came back clean! Miracle!

* Her chemo nurses love her. Okay, that's not so much a miracle as just a no brainer considering her personality, but still, she could have been stuck with bitches so I'll take it as a mild miracle but miracle nonetheless.

* Her oncologist came by and checked on her twice during her treatment. She loves him. Considering the shitty news she's received from him several times, well, miracle!

* Her faith has returned and she is praying for herself. Miracle!

* Today us girls (Beya, Valentina and myself) ran some errands today.... WITH SISSY!!!! She was able to even do a little shopping! Miracle!

So as you can see, we are in the midst of miracles all the time. There are many more that apply to both mom and me but I wanted to concentrate on the ones that were for sissy because, you know, well, she has CANCER and all :)

We have much to be thankful for and we are. Again, thank you for all the support, prayers, well wishes, positive thinking, etc.... Thank you!

8 comments:

Alaska Family said...

We were just getting ready to leave the shop, and saw that you had posted (So now we get to stay just a little longer :). It sure sounds like Trina is doing good...! We are so happy to hear this, We love and miss you all. Know that you are still in our prayers, and that we hope things continue to GO WELL!

Yay for good news :)

Krystal said...

Your Sissy is a miracle, and she is soooooo tough :) I am so happy that the side effects are manageable and that you are all there to help her through this.

Mandy said...

This is great news. I am glad that the chemo is not having the same effect as it did in the past. You all continue to be in my thoughts.

Grama said...

All of this is an answer to the many prayers. So thankful that Trina is doing this good. Love you all.

jill marie said...

Loving and praying for you all.

Valerie said...

Awesome news!

nikki said...

So happy to see all these Miracles happening for your sister!!!
She is in my daily prayers.

Dena said...

Fantastic news!!

I should keep up more - she will go on my prayer list!