My first post got published by accident. I wasn't finished writing it so here goes.
* The nurse was amazed how great sissy's port area looked. No bruising, healing very nicely, etc... Sissy said "maybe I just don't bruise easily" because she also didn't have any bruising from where the lumpectomy was done too. Uh, no, that's not the case. Whenever she has blood drawn it looks like she's been in a boxing match. Miracle!
* Right now the biggest side effect she's had from the chemo is extreme tiredness. There are literally a hundred other things that she could be experiencing that are worse. Tired? Take a nap! She needs her sleep anyway since she hasn't slept well since before she was diagnosed. Miracle!
* She gets a little queasy but once she eats she feels better. Last time she had chemo she couldn't eat a thing without puking it up. Miracle!
* Her back pain is very mild right now compared to the intense, searing pain she was having Tuesday. Miracle!
* She hasn't had to take a pain pill since Tuesday afternoon. Miracle!
* Her bone scan came back clean! Miracle!
* Her chemo nurses love her. Okay, that's not so much a miracle as just a no brainer considering her personality, but still, she could have been stuck with bitches so I'll take it as a mild miracle but miracle nonetheless.
* Her oncologist came by and checked on her twice during her treatment. She loves him. Considering the shitty news she's received from him several times, well, miracle!
* Her faith has returned and she is praying for herself. Miracle!
* Today us girls (Beya, Valentina and myself) ran some errands today.... WITH SISSY!!!! She was able to even do a little shopping! Miracle!
So as you can see, we are in the midst of miracles all the time. There are many more that apply to both mom and me but I wanted to concentrate on the ones that were for sissy because, you know, well, she has CANCER and all :)
We have much to be thankful for and we are. Again, thank you for all the support, prayers, well wishes, positive thinking, etc.... Thank you!