We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, June 29, 2009

Sissy Came Over Today!!!!

What can I say? I was thrilled that sissy was able to make it over today! I had promised her my homemade lasagna so as soon as she came over I ran to the store, bought the groceries and started in on making her some nourishment. She napped for about 2 hours while mom watched the kids outside.


This was after sissy woke up but before we ate. Asa in his brand spankin' new official MLS Timbers jersey that he bought last night. Asa had a free ticket for the soccer game last night and sissy wanted to go soooo bad but wasn't able to. It was just Asa and his daddy but they had a great time. Josh would text pics to sissy throughout the game, who in turn, would text them to me.

Someone is becoming a budding photographer, although Valentina still doesn't realize what her camera does, she just holds it and randomly pushes the buttons.
HEY! Who scammed my camera while they were outside? This photo seems like it was something that Asa would take!

This morning mom and the kids were in the family room when I saw mom thumbing though this book. Since we're always on the lookout on new books about faith, how to get strength, etc.... and I hadn't seen this one I asked mom how the book was. She looked up at me confused. "This isn't yours?" she asked. I flipped through it and answered no, it definitely wasn't mine, I had never seen it before. Mom just looked at me, stunned. "But I found it in your bookcase! On the lower shelf!" she exclaimed.

These are the lower shelves she was talking about. Here are a few facts:
* I personally filled my bookshelves. I was so excited to finally have my bookcases done that I couldn't wait to put in my books.
* I love my books. I know each and every book that is in my bookcase. I still have boxes of books in the garage, but I know what books are in my bookcase.
* Valentina is always pulling out books from the lower shelves and tossing them about and mom and I are always putting the books away.
* This book was put away in my bookcase.
It's not like Valentina had found it and then put it away in the bookcase. The book was in the bookshelf. Mom and I have never seen the book before. How the hell could a book that neither mom or I have seen have been put away in the only place that mom or I put books? I asked Norm about it when he got home and he had never seen the book either.
So, what kind of book is it?
It's a Bible.
I swear to you, none of us know how this book made it's way to my bookcase.
So, other than that, today was fine. Yesterday was very difficult for me. I had planned on blogging last night but didn't have the emotional energy to do it. A family friend who we haven't seen in way too long came over to sissy's house yesterday and administered communion to us. It was lovely and very moving. I came home after a few hours at sissy's house and just fell apart, I couldn't stop crying. I was sobbing in the bedroom when Valentina made her way in and as I was trying to compose myself, she asked me "Mama? You sad? You sad TT sick?" It broke my heart which caused another wave of crying. I have moments of feeling "okay, we can get through today. Today is ok" and then I have moments of "my God, give me strength, give us ALL strength, we can't do this. Why has this happened to sissy again?" Luckily all three of us seem to have our moods staggered so if one of us is bad, the other two are ok, or if two are falling apart, the other one is ok. Again, I cannot thank God enough for JOSHUA!!!! He is truly a Godsend. Sissy can be so sick, so weak she can't even eat and yet somehow Josh can still manage to make her laugh. I hate seeing the chemo ravage sissy's body the way it is. It's horrible. But nothing can stop her spirit, faith and just her all around, well, not happy so much, but just her positive outlook. She gets tired and wonders why. We all do. But if I could tell you one thing it's that she is fighting this angry motherfucker with every fiber of her being and she will continue to do so.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

So glad that Trina was able to come over today. Thats great!

Andrea said...

I am so glad Trina was able to come over and is feeling better. And she looks amazing with her head shaved. I'm not just saying that, either. She is gorgeous-inside and out. You BOTH are!

Love the pictures. Asa is such a handsome little man!!

Love you guys!

Sig said...

SO glad you posted a pic of Trina. Um, I have to say she almpost looks better without hair than with hair! Lucky duck!!!
Have you guys read The Shack? i have something going to Trina, if you want it, LMK I will throw it in there.

melissa said...

So glad Trina felt like coming over to visit!! And WOW she looks so cute without hair. Only Trina can look this good while fighting cancer!!

Grama said...

Loved the pics. Valentina must be more aware of the tie you have to TT than I thought. Both of "your" kids are so smart and so wonderful.
Praying for strength for all of you. I didn't give you that book so still don't know where it came from.

nikki said...

Glad Trina was felling good enough to come over.
She looks just great in the first pic. She's looks just beautiful!!!

URBAN BLONDE said...

So glad Trina was able to come over and enjoy your famous lasagna! I also make a mean lasagna, we'll have to share recipes!

And Trina looks fabulous, she has a perfectly shaped head, looks beautiful with hair and without! I can't get over how big Asa and V look these days!

Hugs and prayers to all of you!
C