We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Thursday, June 04, 2009

YAY!!!!!

I just want to say congratulations to New Hampshire for pulling their heads out of their ass and legalizing same sex marriage. YAY!!!!!!! Now lets get the rest of the country to legalize civil unions, marriage and same sex human rights. Like ArtSweets said, it's not just about marriage but the fact that everyone deserves the SAME RIGHTS!

One more tidbit of fun news, Valentina starts gymnastics Saturday. I am going to get her a "lee-o-tard" (inside joke) today on Beya, sissy's and my mini cancercation afternoon. We'll see how it goes. The class lasts four weeks. If Valentina likes it, we'll continue with it. If she doesn't, then we'll try dance class. She won't be eligible to start Mexican Folk Dancing for another year and the only place that teaches it is about 30-45 minutes away but I will do it, not just for Valentina but for Beya. It has always been her dream for the kids to learn how to do Mexican dancing. So we'll have our little Jewish boy and Guatemalan girl doing Mexican Folk Dancing.

HAPPY CANCERCATION TO US!!!!!!

4 comments:

GMom said...

Cameo You are the closest Family I have ever seen and my thoughts are with you always. I love you all.
Sissy will be fine

jill marie said...

Oh, a Leeotard...I can't wait to see her in it!!!!!! :-) So CUTE!

Andrea said...

hee hee. Leeotard ;)

I cannot wait to see pictures, and hear how your girls day out went.

Tracey said...

What, a Lee-o-tard...hope it doesn't stick around for a year!

XOXO