We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Can't Sleep

Today was a great day and a bad day all rolled into one. See? Yet another example of how the snowflakes are colliding in the snow globe of our life.

First the bad; sissy had her CT scan done today of her pelvis, abdominal area and chest. We didn't get the results today so it will probably be tomorrow.

More bad; because today was such a good day I feel like we're about to be sucker punched again with the results of the CT scan.

The good; sissy had a great day! It was a day where we could have forgotten that she actually has cancer. She was full of energy, happy, we were all together running errands (one of them being her scans), swimming (she isn't supposed to get in the pool as water might get under her pain and anti-nausea patches) and just having a good time living. It was a day that we haven't had in, well, ever, so far this summer. We used to have these days all the time last summer and the thing is, we never took them for granted.

Anyway, tomorrow is new and she has to go back to the doctor to have a dye test so they can find out why her port didn't work on Monday. She went in Monday to have a steroid/anti-nausea IV drip as a pick me up for her week off from chemo.

Thursday Josh's dad and his wife arrive from West Virgina for a 10 day visit. Saturday Norm's grandma arrives from New Mexico for a 2 week visit. Tomorrow I promised Asa to take him to a sports store to try to track down some soccer goalie gloves. He has been wanting a pair for the past few months and we can't find any. I will be doing that while sissy and mom are at the doctor and then afterwards we'll be home again, hanging out in the pool. Our AC is on it's last leg and I'm just hoping it will last the rest of the summer. There is not one AC to be found anywhere near here. On our way home this afternoon the temp in my car read 108 and it's not supposed to cool down to the 80-90's until the weekend, if then. The pool temp was 85 and I don't think it's ever been that warm.

Well, I'm going to do some online shopping (not to be confused with AmbiShopping, I didn't take my Ambien tonight).

I'm still not convinced that God is doing what I want him to do but I'm hoping he'll come through for us tomorrow with the CT scan results. We'll see.

7 comments:

mylene said...

I hope it is all good news today. I was supposed to stop by and see Trina today. i see you guys were busy, I am real glad you were able to have a good day. Praise God. Please give my love to Trina. I look forward to hearing from her. Love to all of you...

Grama said...

so glad you had a really good day. I'm praying God gives us some encouraging news today. Have you tried the sport store at the mall??
I think it is still there. Haven't been for awhile. I know we don't know what God is doing but He does so hold on to that.
Love you all. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cameo,
Glad to hear Trina had a good day.
Just wanted to tell you if you can't find goalie gloves there, let me know, I can get them here. We have 2 local soccer stores. Austin is a goalie also.
Cherrie

Tracey said...

Let me know if you don't find any gloves...I will look here:)

I hope T gets GOOD news! Still praying!!!

Anonymous said...

If you cannot find it at Sams for Asa try Athletes corner, they even carry javlin shoes so thye may have they soccer equipment


Hugs all around

MT 11

Valerie said...

Glad you guys had a good day. I acutally got 10 hours of straight sleep last night!

Alaska Family said...

Glad you guys had a good day and got to enjoy some of the Summer...Hope everything else turned ok as well, we are still praying for all of you, Love and miss you.