We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I'm FLOORED!

Trina does NOT, I repeat does NOT have the breast cancer gene mutation!!!!!! AND..... her tumor marker numbers went from 805 to.......... 625!!!!!!! They went DOWN!!!! I was fully expecting them to be around 1200. Looks like I was WRONG all the way around! I've never been so happy to be wrong and anyone who knows me well (I'm looking at you, mom and sissy) knows that I hate to be wrong and can argue my way out of almost anything and turn it around and be right. So I'm sooooo happy to announce I was WRONG!!!!! I was WRONG! See? I can admit to being wrong, can't I?

So what does this mean? It means that Trina is really fucking un-lucky when it comes to breast cancer. I asked the doctor what the chances were that someone under the age of 40 has breast cancer TWICE. Two entirely different cases of breast cancer, not a recurrence of cancer, but a new case of cancer. She didn't really have an answer but said that the gene mutation tests that they have now (the one they did) detected no mutation. That's not to say that in 5, 10, 15 years down the road they might have a different way or different gene to test and that could come back positive but right now it's just what happened, sissy got breast cancer twice.

Anyway, I could sit here and write tons more but I'm exhausted and if I don't get off the computer now I WILL write tons more as I am apt to do.

I'm soooooo happy to be wrong on two counts!

13 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay! Great news. I am so happy for your family. Things seem to be looking up! So glad you were wrong!

Anonymous said...

Yay for good news!
Weve been praying for you guys on our trip back home, even though we couldn’t check in and see how things were going. So happy to hear about the good news…you all will continue to be in our prayers…
Again, were so happy! :)

Love you all.

Alaska Family said...

Opps! Guess who? Were really not trying to be anonymous!

Mandy said...

Woohoo for being wrong!

melissa said...

Wonderful news!

Grama said...

So very happy to hear the good news. I am thanking God over and over for this good news and that Josh is clean. Love to all.

Valerie said...

Yeah! You were wrong!

mylene said...

That is great and great about Josh too. God bless you!

Sonia said...

Praise God!!! What wonderful news!!

JuJu - said...

Hugs to you all - so glad to know that:):) Made my day

Tracey said...

Wooowhooo! Dammit now I have goosebumps and I just shaved!! F-in cancer!!

bodegalee said...

Whooooo HOOOOOO.... sometimes it's amazingly wonderful to be wrong. I'm soooo glad you were wrong.. and so happy to hear about Trina's numbers.. She rocks and is fighting this ugly things and well.. love it.. Yahoo!!

Jill said...

wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!