We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, July 04, 2009

Message From Sissy

I took sissy to the dentist yesterday and she wanted to know what was going on in the "real world". It had been 9-10 days since she had been out of the house, other than my house. I told her nothing was really happening and then she said something that blew me away. "I need to blog because I don't want people to think I'm not grateful and then have them stop praying for me." I laughed at her and told her there was no way that was going to happen! She's so wiped out that she hasn't turned on her computer in, well, a long time, since the last time she blogged. I told her that I'm keeping all of you up to date on how she's doing (or not, as the case may be). So, just to ease her mind, please know that sissy is VERY grateful for ALL of you and hopes you keep praying for her.

Today is a little different than our last 4th of July. It's a bit more quiet, not so celebratory. Sissy's home sick in bed. She's thrown up twice today but isn't that nauseated. Asa has a sore left leg. The kids were in their pool yesterday, jumping in and out of it, landing on their knees, etc... and we think Asa may have hurt his leg while doing that. When he woke up this morning his knee started hurting. When he first got to my house this morning he couldn't even walk on it. It's a bit better now but still can't do a whole lot. Oh, he just informed me "maybe it will feel better now" and he's walking, testing it out. The verdict is that he can walk on it, but not run. Oh boy, what is a soccer start to do?!

PLEASE check out Aviana's blog (on my right sidebar) to see the news they got from her MRI.

We're tentatively planning on having dinner here tonight, but might have to move it over to sissy's if she can't make it over here. The weather has been HOT here, mid 90's for the past few days so the pool is nice. I might make the inaugural plunge today. 4th of July weekend is usually the first time we use it. We'll see.

We are so blessed right now. We have two beautiful miracle children. My parents are healthy and I'm so lucky to have them close by. We have a home to live in. Sissy has a home to rest in and such a hard working husband who dotes on and adores her. We have such a big, loving family, both physically and cyber :) Really, other than this fucking cancer, life is really special and blessed. We are all so fortunate.

Oops! Just before I hit the "publish" button, sissy called. She sounds great. She plans on making it over. She said she feels good, just having a bit of a gastrointestinal problem, if you catch my drift. See? So much to be thankful for!

9 comments:

Marianne said...

Cameo, you tell Trina I think about her all the time and every time I do I say a little prayer for her.

Hope you all have a great time together today.

Mandy said...

Please tell Trina I got her call the other day and it was so great to hear from her. I am glad she is doing ok today. =) Have a Happy 4th!

Grama said...

So glad to hear Trina is coming over. Please give her loves for me. I am willing to bet that no one worries about thank you notes or even calls right now. We want to do what we do and we all love her so much. I'm glad you post though because it is hard to check her site and see nothing new since it lets us know she isn't up to blogging. Hope you have a fun 4th and hope you do enjoy the pool. Maybe a loose ace bandage for Asa?? just a thought. My knee hurt (I think from soccer) and one afternoon helped completely. Hugs and kisses to all.

Alleen said...

You can definitely tell Trina we are all praying for her. She doesn't have to blog for us to remember her and what she's going through.

Rhonda said...

Let Trina know I will never stop praying for her. I hope she was able to have a good meal and enjoy her day. Happy 4th of July.

melissa said...

Please tell Trina she is always on my mind and in my prayers - blogging or not. Don't get me wrong - it's WONDERFUL to hear from her when she feels up to blogging, but we all just want her to rest and take care of herself. I hope she still felt up to coming over to your house and that you guys had a great evening together.

michelle j said...

Always in my thoughts and Prayers. Hope you guys had a great 4th was cold here in Nebraska, low 70's.

Greta Jo said...

Cameo, I can not tell you how often Trina enters my thoughts and prayers. I too will NOT stop praying for her.

Happy 4th!

mylene said...

What a great entry Cameo, you made me teary eyed. Please give Trina my love. God bless your entire wonderful family!