We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, July 06, 2009

So, mom is over right now and explaining what happened last night. First off, the bastards at the ER (which is the worst ER in the area but it's where her oncologist is based) couldn't get blood from her port, fucking idiots, and kept digging around in it. Anyway, on to the important things.

No pneumonia, no chest infection, blood work is fine, urine is fine, must just have been a small virus.

Today her oncologist is checking her tumor markers. In the ER, the night she was diagnosed, they were 175. Normal is 0-30.When she started chemo they were over 800. Mom has been praying for her tumor markers, today, to be normal. I'm hoping and praying for 800. Actually, I'm praying for them to be 0, but that ain't gonna happen.

Sissy was tested for the BRCA1 and BRCA2 breast cancer mutation gene. We all go in on the 8th to get the results but her onc should have them already and if she is positive (duh) then it is my understanding that there is another drug they can add to her chemo cocktail that targets the mutated genes to help "control" them. We'll see.

Mom is having a REALLY rough day today so please pray for faith, strength and patience for her. She also asks God continually for joy and love. Mom is the most amazing person and I'm so thankful for her.

8 comments:

GMom said...

I am always thinking about you Hope you get all good news!!!!!!!!!!!
Kick that Cancer's Butt

Grama said...

Every day and all day long. We pray for any blessings God will give your precious family. Love you all.

Jaimee said...

Praying, Praying, Praying!!!

Krystal said...

I am so glad that it was not an infection. I hope that Trina feels better today. I am praying for all of you!

Lori said...

I really feel your mom's pain. I am praying for her today too!

Crystal said...

oooh My dear sweet Cameo I am praying ((((HUGS)))))

Anonymous said...

Cameo and all:
My thoughts and prayers are with you, I will continue to hold you all up in prayer and tell your Trina I will never stop praying for her.. Tell your mom that we are all praying for her and with her.
Hugs and prayers,

MT II

Did you get the soup recipe I emailed to you?

Sig said...

Praying for your mom, it must be so hard for her :( If it ever happens again wiuth her port, just tell her to lie down with her feet up (in recliner) and her arms over her head. Always worked for me (and better then them sticking her over and over).