We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, July 06, 2009

Update

So, sissy IS getting chemo today, thank you God! The tumor marker results probably won't be in until tomorrow and her onc didn't have the gene mutation results yet. So, right now it's business as usual. Thank you all for your thoughts, well wishes and prayers. And yes, MTII, I did get your soup recipe! I will be making it for her as the Spaghetti Factory minestrone is both her and Asa's fave soup! Papa's too. I guess I'll need to make a big 'ol batch of it. Thank you!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

I'm playing catch up on your blog from the end of June, but I haven't stopped thinking or praying about you guys. I got your card in the mail(thank you soo much!) and my Mom happened to be over when I received it and I showed it to her. Then on Wed. I showed her your blog and we talked about you and Trina. My Mom said she would pray for you guys b/c it never hurts to have more people praying and sending positive thought your way. More later.

Tracey said...

DUDE!!! Please keep me posted! I am sorry that I am just now getting updated after the holiday weekend! I am praying, not stopping!

LOVE YOU ALL very much!!!

jill marie said...

I am still out here praying and praying for you ALL... haven't commented in a while, but wanted to remind you that I am here for you.

nikki said...

Just catching up. My computer is down and your blog was the first site I checked. Sorry to hear about sissy fever. Praying for her everyday and saying extra prayers for both you and your Mom, as you care for Trina!!

Kim said...

Continued prayers. I'm glad she was able to get her chemo today (is that wierd - that I'm GLAD she got that poison?)