We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, August 14, 2009

AmbiBlogging

First off, I took my Ambien already so if this post doesn't make much sense, that's why.

But this:


That picture right there is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen!!!! This was taken last week at Asa's soccer game.
Our soccer star!!!!
Asa had a game last night but still wasn't feeling well so the decision was made that he couldn't go. Oh, he was devastated but then he bucked up and was ok.

Last Saturday there was a memorial for Norm's grandpa who died earlier this year. Valentina was good and pretty much just colored during the speeches. I did have to shush her a few times, but all in all I thought she did great.


Yesterday Norm's grandma came over as she went home today. It was lovely having her over and nice for her to meet my family, who she has "known" for years, just never met! I love this picture. Family. Family is where it's at.
So! Our extra vehicle, an SUV that we kept after Norm bought his new truck a couple of years ago just to have on hand in case my dad or Josh or Trina needed something, was stolen. STOLEN!!! It was parked in front of a neighbors yard and I wouldn't have noticed it for days but Norm saw that it was gone, thought it was at Trina's, blah blah blah, it was stolen. I got a call last night from the police dept saying they had recovered it. I had to go today to the tow yard to inspect it and determine if it was drivable or totaled. It was very clear that, A- they had taken it four wheeling. There was mud caked under the bug guard, scratches all over the sides of the truck and various other things that showed it had been taken for a ride, B- obviously the dipshits had planned on keeping the truck or at the very least never thought it would be towed because the fuckers installed their own stereo system and left it in the truck!!!! I laughed when I saw that! There was also a bunch of other stuff, jacket, bag of clothes, a book of CD's/video games, etc... They had already changed the plates on it and had used it for a week. What's going thru my head is if it gets fixed and we bring back home, the dipshits know where they got it from, what is going to stop them from coming back and getting it again? I spoke to the police department and let them know that I had a bag full of shit from the fucktards and they sent out an officer to get it. I asked the officer if they could track down who stole the truck, because I want them prosecuted! The officer said he would look at the things that I gave him and go from there. At least that's what I think he said, I couldn't hear very well due to his blinding hotness that was radiating from his sexy self. And he was young. Young and hot. No wonder one of my best friends married a young hot officer!!!!
So that is what I did today. Tonight I watched "Lars and the Real Girl" and got caught up to the season finale of "Mental". Now I'm going to check and see if there are any episodes of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" on indemand. Then I will let the warm bath of Ambien take over. Oh, the doctor gave me Temezepam to take instead of the Ambien (something about the complete and utter amnesia I get with the Ambien ~head shake~) and that doesn't work worth shit! Anyone else have a suggestion for a sleeping pill?

4 comments:

Grama said...

Love the pics. Trina is so beautiful even with short hair. I'm praying that she feels better today.
Love to all.

Trina G. said...

short hair???? Oh Grama, you are too sweet. How about NO HAIR???? LOL

Love the pics sissy..

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh I love the pictures.
I like trina's pink scarf she had on her head. she has the most beautiful eyes.....
and I like the family picture, valentina is looking up at somebody. it looks like she trying to look up to Dee, or Asa.
love to you all.
P.s.
I wish somebody would have "shushed" me when i arrived in the middle of the memorial.
again, i give my apology for being so loud, i feel bad, because i totally respected what was happening there, I just did not realize "what" was happening. Until i made a complete fool out of myself. but welcome to my world. I have learned to live with it and now so is everybody else.
love you so much
"Aunt" kathy

Anonymous said...

Zyprexa is pretty good for sleeping...............I stole it from Kevin...............go figure
Carol