We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dentist Done

Valentina had her inaugural trip to the dentist yesterday. Here is how we started the day:

Valentina "shopping" in her Snow White shoes that TT had given her last Christmas.
The girl can do anything in these shoes. She had been jumping up and down, but she can run almost as fast in the shoes as she can out of them.

In the dentist chair. She did want to take Bear and Kitty with her. Those are her version of Asa's mhm mhm. Valentina could NOT have done any better! I think it helped that she had seen Asa go to the dentist last week, albeit briefly. I had to take her out of the room before things even got started as she was acting out. I also think it helped that her favorite Imagination Movers episode is "The Tooth Hurts".


Sissy was taking pictures and Asa was able to snap this one of sissy.

So lady like!!!

Oh how cute my Asa is!!!

My girl was a champ!!!!
After the dentist we headed over to somewhere new for lunch. We've been to every restaurant in town... at least twice. Like I've said before, sissy's taste buds have changed drastically and she has a hard time finding food that she thinks is good. We went to a pizza place..... where even I thought the pizza sucked. But we had a great time together!!! After lunch we went to the party store to get the decorations for Asa's soccer themed birthday party. Well, it was going to be soccer themed, but that was before Asa saw all the different choices, then he really liked the Army theme. The result? It will be half Army, half soccer. It was very difficult for sissy and I to watch Asa pick out some soccer things and some Army things. Soccer plates will be accompanied by Army napkins. Ahhhh..... at least we'll never forget this one and Asa is happy which is all that matters, I guess, lol.
Today Grama came over as did sissy and Asa. It was so good to have sissy over again (they hung out at our house after the party store yesterday). It was nice to just hang out and watch the kiddo's and do normal things that we used to do.
So that is what we've been up to so far this week. I hope the rest of the week goes half as well. Sissy seems to run out steam as the week progresses and next week she doesn't have chemo. We shall see.

4 comments:

Cameo said...

Oh, I forgot to add that Valentina's teeth are perfect!!! No problems whatsoever!

Trina G. said...

I LOVED that day. I love youand alwys have fun with you and your vali.

Aunt Kathy said...

Wow! what a little "trooper".
I hate the dentist.
its good she had a good experience and got to see that Asa wasen't afraid when he went.
love you all
"aunt" kathy

Valerie said...

Yeah for perfect teeth! Makes it so much easier. We've already been told Logan will need braces (he's got a crossbite). I'd better start saving up now for those suckers!

My Mom is having the same problems with food not tasting good. She can't stand all of her favorties anymore and is having problems even with toothpaste burning her mouth!