We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Monday, September 28, 2009

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

Mom just called from sissy's oncologist appointment. I knew it wasn't going to be good since she waited so long. When it's good news I always hear from mom right away. Sissy's appointment was at 9 am.


Anyway, tumor marker numbers went UP. They went from 307 to 351. We're moving in the opposite direction here. Mom said the doctor said this can be normal, the numbers can flucuate and that he isn't going to change her drug protocol. He also said it had nothing to do with the 25% cut in one of her chemo drugs, it's just something "normal" that can happen.


CT scan looked good. Mom "said" the lungs appear to be clean now and tumors have shrunk in the liver.


Still not the news we wanted to hear.


Fuck.


Have I said I hate fucking cancer?

4 comments:

Krystal said...

I'm sorry. I hate cancer, too.

I am so glad that the CT scan looks good, and I am praying and *believing* that the bone scan will look good, too. Hugs to you, your sissy, and your momma!

Steph said...

Is there any way you can send her protocol and tumor market numbers to another oncologist? At another cancer center to get a 2nd opinion as to whether they agree with her protocol? I think under the circumstances no one would fault you for getting a 2nd opinion - maybe at the Mayo Clinic?

Steph said...

sorry - marker, not market. I'm a terrible typer.

GAMZu said...

I just wanted to add- I totally understand what you mean in the post that you closed comments on.

My baby has something wrong with her and we are trying to uncover what it is. I hate when people tell me she's fine, look at her, she's beautiful and she'll be just fine.
How in the world can anyone know??

So as someone who understands (not completely, but still) I'd like to tell you how sorry I am about all that is happening to your family. It stinks. It really does.