We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The World Needs More Nikki's

I learned about Nikki through my fellow blogger friends who were using her to redo their blogs. She is an amazing woman who is already changing the world at only 20... and she's been volunteering for a few years already.

She has made numerous mission trips to the Dominican Republic and Haiti. You can read about her selfless work on her blog at Hero Holiday and her business that helps fund her trips at Made By Nikki.

She is going to DR for Christmas to spend time with "her kids" and then in May, when she is done with school, she will actually be moving there to continue her work. She uses the money made by her blog designs to help fund her work. If you don't have a blog that needs made over but want to help her out you can also go to her blog to make a donation.

Nikki has been inspiration to myself and I cannot wait to see the amazing things she will do with her life. If there were more Nikki's, the world would definitely be a better place, but she is changing the world all by herself!

No comments: