We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Friday, October 23, 2009

For Amanda

So Amanda was asking me what my FB status update was from. It was this:

"I'm a do the things I wanna do,
I ain't got a thing to prove to you.
I'll eat my candy with the pork and beans,
excuse my manners if I make a scene.
I ain't gonna wear the clothes that you like
I'm finally dandy with the me inside.
One look in the mirror and I'm tickled pink
I don't give a hoot about what you think."


Yes, you get a gold star. It's "Pork and Beans" by Weezer. Which brought up the fact that I've had another song stuck in my head for the past few weeks. Could be because I have it on a playlist on my iPod that I play every day, but that's just my opinion. Now I know this is old, but it still makes me smile every time I hear it. Amanda had never heard it before so this is for her.


4 comments:

LLP :0) said...

OMG.... That was too friggin funny! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! LOL

And yet, surprisingly, not at all creepy.... HAHAHA!!!

Lori said...

where do you find these things! that was sooooo funny!

Jaimee said...

Hey flaxseed sista! ROTFL!!! That is hilarious!!! Thanks for posting...and I also had not seen that before.

Valerie said...

LMAO in shock! So wrong, but so funny!