We were the closest family possible. Our world was turned upside down on 05/03/09 when my best friend, the person I love most next only to our children, my sister Trina was diagnosed with stage IV breast cancer. Her body gave out on her on 01/09/10 but she will ALWAYS be a part of our daily life and will continue to be in my posts. I started my blog to chronicle our daughter's international adoption from Guatemala and have continued to use it as a journal.

What you will find is my family trying to adapt to our new lives that were handed to us.



Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Asa aka Mr. Motor Cross Racer and Valentina aka Princess Fiona.

Me and my BFF Amanda. We have an annual tradition of having our picture taken together every Halloween.
We had a great Halloween today! Sissy was pretty sick this morning so papa brought Asa over to my house to let sissy try to rest and sleep before she came over to my house. We had a great time, had a fabulous dinner, carved pumpkins and took the kiddos trick or treating around the neighborhood. It was the best Halloween we've ever had.
I just need to write this really quick. I was watching something I had DVR'd and when that was over a "Friends" episode was on. It was the one where Chandler and Monica get picked by a birth mom for their baby. Chandlers speech where he says "my wife is loving and caring. She's a mom, without a baby." I vividly remember watching that very episode when it was first on and sobbing. I wanted so desperately to be a mom and I felt like I WAS a mom.... without a baby. And now? Now I have a beautiful daughter and an amazing boy who I claim. I am so blessed!
I hope you all had a great Halloween too! Next up? Taking down all the Halloween decor and starting up with the Christmas decorations. Yes, I skip Thanksgiving decorations because, well, there just isn't really anything to decorate with. I have posted many, many times of my distaste for Thanksgiving. I have a post coming up about that along with a surprise. Goodbye Halloween, hello Christmas!!!!

5 comments:

Sonia said...

The kids looked so cute in their costumes!Glad you had a fun halloween.

Jaimee said...

Happy Halloween, the kids look adorable! Bring on Christmas...I know you love it!

Grama said...

Love the pictures. Thanks so much for bringing the kids out. Linda left some things for them.
Hope Trina is feeling better.

Amanda said...

You forgot to photoshop my 2nd chin out.... ! Definitely not one of the best pictures! LOL

Valerie said...

LOL! Logan saw the people next door put their Christmas lights up yesterday and wants me to get all our stuff out. NOT!